Tokyo Mauri and the gun Factory....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tokyo Mauri and the gun Factory....

Last time TM let in non Japanese people they ended up 300 versions of M4s from 10 different manufacturers! :D) :p
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter512 View Post
      I'd assume that this is for the simple reason that unless you are Japanese or at least speak Japanese to a very high standard TM have no interest in you. They're fairly infamous for this and have been studiously ignoring non-Japanese customers since I started playing in 95. At one point it was so bad that a Japanese guy on another forum (yes they do exist) used to do a fairly frequent service in contacting the factory on behalf of foreign customers who needed obscure spare parts for TM stuff.
      This is exactly it, I've heard very similar things from shop owners if your not japanese they don't care, if you want to but there stuff and your not Japanese speak to there distributor and if they feel like taking your money they might but they'll charge you an extortionate price for doing you the honor of selling you there stock, TM and Western arms only have interest in the domestic market.

Comment

inokatsu are the same, it feels like its defo a japanese manufacturing thing. tried emailing both tm and inokatsu and never got a response in 2 years of trying, i ended up having to go through wgc shop and they were realy helpful actually and had some of the bits i needed in their spares box. but then when they said how much spares they get left with it sounds more like aladins cave than a box lol so i suppose not all japs on the airsoft front are ignorant.

Comment

You'd of thought it would be better finacially for Marui to sell on an international scale, cant see why they wouldn't want to expand?

Comment

to be honest I don't think it's worth it in their mind. I think the international market's to small for the hassle they'd need to go through. logistics of having to bring in a new department to deal with setting up a distribution network they would also start to fall foul of all the different health and safe laws plus they'd come up against copy right holders.
            Reformed Pacifist

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Orion1 Find out more about Orion1
            Working...
            X