Daft thread i know but here we go anyway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daft thread i know but here we go anyway

Just been browsing the pictures in gear and loadouts, and noticed something which i do aswell...

Ive noticed people who own M4's always seem to hold the magazine housing. Now, while i do this, im also guilty of the next point.

I have a front pistol grip fitted.

Is there any point? Ive always held the front of the mag housing, and negate the fact i have a forward grip. Mainly i do this because it makes mag changes easier, but also its comfortable to hold it! I can understand it if you have a bipod in the front grip, but is it just something for looks, or are people just not using them?

Daft i know, but something i couldnt help pick up on!

Re: Daft thread i know but here we go anyway

Im the same, i find that it feels more comfortable to hold it that way???
    Warrior L96
    TM FULL STOCK M4 s-system
    A&K M249 para
    WE High Capa 5.1 GBB

Trade feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7927

Comment

I tend to do this aswell, although im considering getting a front grip but not sure that i would use it too much.

Comment

I have a front grip but I still tend to use the mag well because it is yer and I got easyer and i got in to a habit of doing it:D

Joe

Comment

I tend to do this aswell, although im considering getting a front grip but not sure that i would use it too much.
          I brought a grip thinking i would use it, after 20 min i sold it as it never got used..didnt feel right?
          Warrior L96
          TM FULL STOCK M4 s-system
          A&K M249 para
          WE High Capa 5.1 GBB

Trade feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7927

Comment

The grips are good, I used to use mind a bit, but I had it so close to the mag well it felt the same.
            it helps you hold the gun level without holding your wrist at a funny angle!

Comment

Like i said, a bipod in the grip is understandable, because i would use that. But ive got to the stage where ive taken my front grip off, because i found it just got in the way!
              Could this be the end?
              Better question, does anybody actually use the hand grip?

Comment

i use it

sometimes hold the magwell but 60% off the time ill hold vert grip
                |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

i know this will sound a bit puffy but i kinda use it for protection from bb strikes. i hold the magwell but my vertical grip has teken a hit before and stoped my fingers getting hit!. seen as i have the folding chinasoft one (it is actually shite) i hav it folded back onto the RIS so when i rest it on a wet log it doesnt get muck in it.

Comment

Do the same thing on my G36, Bought a foregrip but tend not to use it as I hold the Magwell. I guess because it's usually sturdier than a foregrip and due to AEG's having the recoil of a passing butterfly theres no real reason you need such control. I find it's just another thing to get knocked or caught.
                    "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

I do the same with my scar

Tend to hold on to the vertgrip when im using the gun in an open area as it can help with aiming at medium to long distance but when I go into a building I hold it by the magwell and find it easier to go from room to room

Comment

I think my hand sits in that positition on all my guns, save sidearms!
                        G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                        RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Reason why people hold the magazine is because its more comfortable, you make the gun shorter in some respects making it easier to hold for longer periods of time instead of putting your out at longer distances causing aches...sometimes, holding it using the mag gives up steady shooting in some cases mainly in prone.

I Think thats why

Comment

actually what metalboa said just made me realise i am similar in trend

generally over open ground i will hold the gun by the very grip mainly because its more comfortable to look through my acog

if i enter a room i will grip the magwell as i can hold the gun tighter to my chest and can use the ironsights easier
                            |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

It's all to do with ergonomics, it's more comfortable to have the wrist in the verticle position than holding the barrel or foregrip in a horizontal one. Verticle put's less stress on the joint's, so grabbing the magwell is the obvious choice.
                              "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

hoggy21 Find out more about hoggy21
                              Working...
                              X