Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Daft thread i know but here we go anyway

I love using the vertical foregrip on my Mp5

a small gun to have a foregrip I know, but I love it. I find that it really gives more support and moving between targets quickly is much easier to sort of.. stop on a target if you get me.

I used to have one an an M4 too, and again stopping dead on a new target I find is easier. I usually hold the vertical front grip in the same way i position my trigger arm, like both of my elbows horizontally outwards if you get me :P then youre gripping the gun tightly with both arms. It can get uncomfortable but hey, itll only make my arms stronger!

the bonus with the foregrip on CQB guns like my MP5 as well, is that because its got a short barrel you will probably have the foregrip near the end of the barrel. This is a bonus when you hold it, because swooping about room to room is easier to feel where your hand is to stop bumping into walls when youre not looking. with the foregrip so close to the end of the barrel, you can avoid hitting your barrel in doorways etc
    Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

its all about looks also that authentic look i think.
      i aswell hold my rif by the magwell.

Comment

its funny, coz being in the army and I'm sure hoggy can back me up on this, you get used to holding the front hand guard of the SA80, you don't tend to have a choice. But I will confess that I also grip the magwell on my M4, it is more comfortable.

Paul.
        Any gun, just as long as its an Armalite.

Comment

I also do this on my S-system, but I actually use the RIS pistol grip on my SPR by instinct, as it's just too front heavy to hold by the magwell.

Comment

On my SA80, i always find ive got one hand on the pistol grip, then another hand ontop of that and slightly forward
            G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
            RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Fine on an airsofter but on the real thing you'd loose your grip.
              Any gun, just as long as its an Armalite.

Comment

i think its because ppl generally put the vert foregrip in the middle of the guns foregrip cuz it looks better

ive put mine near enuf right next to the magwell and u use it all the time its alot more comfortable there

If Carlsberg made Airsoft teams..............They would still get raped by the G.Z.C.F

Comment

rl shooting,

Steady shooting position is about all it offers.

the con's for this on a armalite is that it will increase the possibilities of jamming, and miss feeding rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfer View Post
                    rl shooting,

Steady shooting position is about all it offers.

the con's for this on a armalite is that it will increase the possibilities of jamming, and miss feeding rounds.
                    That's holding the mag right? As aposed to the mag well?

I normally just do what Th3_Jester said, put the grip really far back, it feels about the same if not a little better. It makes you look much more tacticool if you actually hold the purpose bought, purpose made handle too :D

Comment

Well, until I got my systema, I held by the vert grip, but nowadays it's by the mag well so that my thumb is never far from the bolt release catch, which if knocked can cause a total lack of front end bb ejection-ness.
                      Life is a short warm moment, death is a long cold rest,
                      you get your chance to try, in the twinkling of an eye,
                      eighty years with luck or even less.

Comment

i had one a while back - cant say i like them to be honest.

they are kinda uncomfortable to be honest and just dont feel right.

saying that - i'd love one when using the real steal l85.

mac
                        Originally posted by Coz
                        Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                        http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

my g3 has the bipod so i just hold the mag cuz its more comfortable and also seem to sit in the sholder better being a long gun an all

Comment

Originally posted by hoggy21 View Post
                            Just been......

.......pick up on!
                            I have a torch mounted on my right hand ris rail, and a handgripthingy mounted on the lower rail. I've discovered that when I hold the handguardthingy in a certain (not uncomfortable) way, I can use my thumb to press the button on the base of the torch, thereby negating the need for a pressure switch and the associated wiring.

I DO prefer to grasp the gun by the magwell though, and generally do so for woodland....
                            WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

Prawn, you have more off a chance of coursing it if you hold the mag well but no it wont jam etc if you do also you gotta watch your fingers with the bolt :P

Comment

But i find holding the magwell means i get quicker mag changes too! With a couple of fingers already round the mag, all i need to do is press the button and the mag is in my hand.

Also, does/did anybody find problems with the pistol grip getting caught on things? I always used to catch it on logs i lent on, or on low branches.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

hoggy21 Find out more about hoggy21
                                Working...
                                X