Under 18 airsofters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Under 18 airsofters

If you don't want any under 18's just play MILSIM?
    Originally posted by psirus101
    I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

Hayha,

That may be your first post, but i hope it is not your last... The voice of reason!

When i am in the UK i play at Ambush Chobham as a rule. There are a few father / son combos who play and their young kids a mega. (they are totally bonkers, but in the good way)

I don't want to wish my boy's life away but i cannot wait for him to be old enough to join me at a skirmish.

Comment

^^ How do you work that out?

I see it like drinking and smoking,
        if you have to be 18 to drink then you have to be 18 to buy it, so I believe that if you have to be 18 to buy a gun then you should be 18 to use it, it cuts down on any confusion.

You also missed out the part when i said Said that If you are on the field or in the safe zone I will treat you like everyone else (Push you over and take your pocket money :P) But Seriously I will treat you like an adult.

No hatred towards younger players there! Just my opinion

So If i was being a hypocrite and Elitest about it I would have said... I don't want any child near me when I skirmish,If a kid comes up to me when Im in the safe zone I will tell them to go away as they are beneath me and i will talk down to them and treat them like a child

Comment

Firstly I haven't read the entire thread - bad me- so if I repeat anything mabad.
          BUT
          airsoft is like chan ... newfags oldfags argument, there are a lot of parallels to be drawn between the two debates.

But i don't think that it is always because they are U18 that they are looked down on... it doesn't change that hte moment you're 19 you're welcomed in to the airsoft community with open arms :P

I'm 20, and have had 40 year olds disregard what I'm saying, we were organising a defence of a VIP, and I suggested a staggered line that we could fall back towards the VIP gradually defending as we did (had to defend for 10 minutes). So start 70 meters forward and drop back one at a time... the self appointed 'leader' of the team suggested we all sit within 20 meters of the VIP and dig in for 10 mins ... lowe and behold vip was shot within the first 2 mins.

my point to that amble being that some older players disregard younger players, but its only the U18's that get the attention as they are a group... kind of like if you discriminate against everybody equally you will only be called racist for discriminating against a different race. ... if that makes sense?

------Mods ----------------------------- Members

Comment

Originally posted by Coz View Post
            ^^ How do you work that out?

I see it like drinking and smoking,
            if you have to be 18 to drink then you have to be 18 to buy it, so I believe that if you have to be 18 to buy a gun then you should be 18 to use it, it cuts down on any confusion.

You also missed out the part when i said Said that If you are on the field or in the safe zone I will treat you like everyone else (Push you over and take your pocket money :P) But Seriously I will treat you like an adult.

No hatred towards younger players there! Just my opinion

So If i was being a hypocrite and Elitest about it I would have said... I don't want any child near me when I skirmish,If a kid comes up to me when Im in the safe zone I will tell them to go away as they are beneath me and i will talk down to them and treat them like a child
            Can you not drink at 12 in a private place, e.g. your house?
            "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

I agree that Under 18's should be able to play, but I would say going as low as 11 might well be too low airsofting is a fairly adult environment. Even on your best behaviour and using the Queens English when you get shot in the knuckle, nose or nuts the odd profanity cannot help but escape.
              Zeroin - Come for the airsoft. Stay for the trolling.

Comment

RAHHH
                nm

also as for queens english, kids sadly are becoming denatured towards swear words, i know kids that are 15 using language that I didn't even know when i was 17 haha.

but in all seriousness the internet and playgrounds are rife with swears i think subject matter that gets discussed at airsoft is more of an issue than swearing... but saying that past puberty most of them know it already.

The only issue I would have with 11 year olds is that if you shot them and they were genuinely hurt I know I would feel crap ...
                Last edited by bobfish; 14 June, 2012, 18:19. Reason: dun failed

------Mods ----------------------------- Members

Comment

No u18 tag?
                  But seriously though, most people dont care, some enjoy younger company as it can fasten the pace of games. Although 13 year olds screaming "MOVE UP MOVE UP" in the middle of a stalemated firefight annoy me, so do the people who sit there and tell everyone what to do. I also dislike when kids choke up in CQB and fill doorways. But meh.
                  Its the few who openly moan about us that annoy me. Airsoft is a social thing, most of us are happy to talk about anything, show gear and let others test it. If you dont want or like under 18s just say no. Dont start spouting hate about people because of their age :/
                  -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                  -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

It's not due to their age its the actions they take IMO. Remember theres a reason why you have the tag Mr Lovegrove... Airsofter or not.

Comment

I believe it was down to me stading up for myself in an arguement? And then sas scott complaining.
                      I havent tried to buy a rif yet.

Comment

Nah you had the tag before that. That was over likes or something I believe, hehe I still laugh at that one.

Comment

I generally have no problem with Under 18's that have their own gear (obtained legally of course!) but the problems I have are with the U18 Rentals.

Last Sunday, There was a particular incident where I went to knife kill 3 U18 rentals that were on the top floor of the small fort outside of Firebase Charlie. I climbed up the stairs, lunged forward and tapped 2 out of the 3 but the 3rd fired at least a 6 second burst (remember I was about 1ft away). I did try my best to keep my cool and said as nicely as I could that it wasn't on but I was fuming! Then I was told later on by a teammate of mine that both of the players I had knifed stayed and resumed firing out after I had gone to the dead zone!!!! Ridiculous!
                          TM SCAR-H Recoil // TM MK18 Recoil // VFC HK417 // KWA Kriss Vector // ASG AW.338 //
                          TM Glock 18c // TM Five-SeveN // VFC FNX.45 Tactical // KWA USP.45 Tactical //

Comment

Mr Lovegrove, I think you made a mistake in your last post....

I think this is what you meant:

"I have not tried to buy a RIF and nor would I until i am of age and show suitable defense of some kind to a responsible seller"

Comment

Originally posted by blytm View Post
                              Nah you had the tag before that. That was over likes or something I believe, hehe I still laugh at that one.
                              A big thread similar to this, turned into a flame war on me, i argued back and got the half assed u18 tag, its there but does nothing. Then scott complained because i could still thank and like posts. Well some of us are still part of this community...
                              Edit: and loki, yes that even if i did try i currently have £2.60 to my name. And will have for the forseeable future . 6 months until im legal! (for purchase of rifs)

Comment

i have mixed feelings about under 18s

On the one hand i worry bout hurting some of them (i've been on sites with some kids half my size, and i'm pretty short). Also some of them really are just plain annoying, ie at my last game i found one of the kids at safezone where he wasn't supposed to be, i explained the rules of the game and where he should be and told him to run off and i'd leave him alone. cheeky git hides in a bush and shoots me right outside regen. -_-

On the other hand some of them are really engaged and getting into it, and i admire that cos alot of the time i just dont have the energy anymore, and i think it would be a shame to begrudge the good kids because some of them are overly stupid, as kids often are.

that said, I try and avoid kids at games, but its more because im antisocial and kids have a higher capability to annoy me. not really their fault, curse of biology really. if anything its my own fault for being a grumblepants

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dishkah Find out more about Dishkah
                                Working...
                                X