Another Real sword question. (range and accuracy) type 56/56-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Real sword question. (range and accuracy) type 56/56-1

No don't panic, this is not another is it worth me saving for a real sword question (kind of)

All the reviews I have read so far bang on about the externals of the gun, no one really mentions range and accuracy.

So what's it like? Is the gun more of a show piece or should I just go for a cheaper Gun (SRC/CYMA) and do anything to the internals.

Im looking for a decent cheap skirmishable ak, but I am willing to go for a realsword if its not just got the look at me factor. I don't want a £350 paper weight if a cheaper gun will do the job just as good

Cheers

Although I've only been along side one shooting, it had really good range, but nothing to really write home about. My cyma shot just as far if I recall!

Comment

Re: Another Real sword question. (range and accuracy) type 56/56-1

I know for a fact the Real Sword Dragunov hits insane ranges. As far as I know, the Real Sword AK uses the same internals but just with a longer barrel(and possibly a harder hop rubber?), so I'd imagine it had very good range indeed.

Comment

I had one a few years back and it was good. Not amazing, but good. Regret selling it big time, favourite gun evar. Bought it new for £200 before all this vcra bollocks!
        Buy my stuff!

Comment

I can't say on performance, but not only are RS externals top quality (better than anything on the market imo), their internals are bloody good too. They don't use crappy pot metal to make gearboxes/gears/motor cages, it's a great quality metal with a good finish - either aluminium or steel, can't remember.

I always recommend CYMA to those who want a decent gun for a cheaper price. I'd recommend Real Sword to any one who wanted a high quality gun for a higher price. Their customer support is really good and will happily sell guns to individuals for cheaper than what most stores offer as well as offering repairs. That said, tax is probably a lot so it brings it upto the same. Each gun and it's gearbox has it's own serial number recorded on a database along with a quality certificate. RS also note down who they sell guns to. All in all, they're one of the best airsoft manufacturers for what you get and what they offer.

Comment

As with most guns u can always tweak it to your satisfaction
            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I got my Type 56 off Sparrowhawk. Love it to bits. Built like a tank. Feels and looks just like the real thing, (yes i have fired an AK 47). Never had it break on me. Good range, not massive rate of fire but more than adequate. Can't think of anything negative about it.

Comment

I own 2 realswords myself and my best mate owns 4 of them including dragunov . The build quality on externals is real steel . Exactly the same metals, polymers etc . The internals are the best quality you will find inside any aeg on the market . Only mods left to do are a tightbore and a hop rubber if you want to . Very very consistent fps on all of them , v good range and groupings out of the box . The dragunov is a lot different to the ak as they fitted an overbore piston in it to make full use of the barrel in it . Nothing and I mean nothing even comes close to this gun out of the box .the only downsides to realswords are the battery space ( usually custom fit) also they will always hold there value when you come to sell them . Also realsword guns are designed to real steel dimensions and then the internals were made to fit inside , unlike other manufacturers who make the guns to fit around the standard size gearboxes , so end up wrong sized in aspect to the real thing.
                Also parts are v cheap and customer service is v good .
                The only way you will break a real sword gun is to drive over it !!!

Comment

Also if you use lipo batts inside them the internals will cope effortlessly as the gears are more or less indestructible as is the tappet plate . Most of them have also have quick spring change boxes in them as well so fps changes are easy .
                  The dragunov hop is an absolute work of art . If you have the money you will not regret buying one of their guns , I just wish all Airsoft guns where made to this standard . !!!

Comment

Thanks all for the replies.

I think that if my patients can hold out then I will save the extra for the Real sword,Sounds like I can beat the crap out of it and not worry,my kind of gun

Comment

Originally posted by Coz View Post
                      Thanks all for the replies.

I think that if my patients can hold out then I will save the extra for the Real sword,Sounds like I can beat the crap out of it and not worry,my kind of gun
                      I'm pretty sure you could beat an elephant to death with one of the t56'.
                      Buy my stuff!

Comment

As a former Real Sword owner I would like to offer my opinion and I actually prefer the LCT line of AKs, full steel and wood construction on them, but unlike Real Sword guns they will take other brand of magazines and not just their own brand. Also I find the AKMS a much nicer feel than the Type 56-1, but it's all down to personal preference at the end of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by cool-breeze87 View Post
                          As a former Real Sword owner I would like to offer my opinion and I actually prefer the LCT line of AKs, full steel and wood construction on them, but unlike Real Sword guns they will take other brand of magazines and not just their own brand. Also I find the AKMS a much nicer feel than the Type 56-1, but it's all down to personal preference at the end of the day.
                          I hear that LCT are actually Inokatsu guns, I will have another look into them.

Cheers

Comment

Real Sword Type 56 will take AK flash mags, (proper ones not the chinese knockoffs), as well as standard mags. Two minutes each with a file on the magazine tang (plastic) and they fit and feed a treat. For the quality of them RS mags are very good value for not that much money. Its just flash mags are less hassle to use.

Comment

Originally posted by Coz View Post
                              I hear that LCT are actually Inokatsu guns, I will have another look into them.

Cheers
                              LCT used to make the externals and sell the guns to HK shops and the shops usually stuck a CYMA gearbox in them. You were essentially buying a £400 CYMA gun with very nice externals. However, they've recently started producing everything and the guns are much much much better. You can't fault an LCT either. They offer a wider selection of AK types: AKM, AK-74, 74M, 105 etc. as opposed to the RS Type 56 and variants. Personally, doing a Russian OMSDON loadout, a 74M or a 105 is much more suited to what I want.

If you're interested in getting an LCT for a good price then PM me. I happen to know some retailers that actually have them in stock unlike that crappy one which never has anything in stock.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Coz Find out more about Coz
                              Working...
                              X