Zed Events/Zombie Airsoft Days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Zed Events/Zombie Airsoft Days

That could, to some degree, explain some of the price differential as well. Zed only run with one group of about 14. Those 14 then get a dedicated set of squad leaders, and all the zombies, all just there for them and their experience.

I think, as you pointed out earlier, the market matters too. Zed caters for a lot of people who have no idea what airsoft is, have no equipment of their own, and have no concept of squad tactics. They really do need to be trained a bit and guided on what to do, instead of being given general objectives and being expected to get on with it (which is what I imagine many more hardcore airsofters may prefer).
    102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

I bet they mainly service the higher end of the market in terms of corporate days etc. As Longshot says, I bet 75% of their customers have no idea what airsoft even is.

Comment

Originally posted by Longshot View Post
        ...but I think that people have to see the difference between a 'zombie themed airsoft event' and the experience that Zed offers.

The former (in most cases) is a bunch of airsofters using full auto weapons and lighting up a bunch of volunteers in ripped clothes with the main objective being: light up a bunch of volunteers in ripped clothes/piss self laughing.

The latter is a planned 'experience' that involves professional zombies with movie quality makeup. A storyline driven experience with objectives and planned events that you have to reach using team tactics due to the simple weapons and lack of ammunition available. And most of all, a bloody good time.
        ^^ This.

If you want to play Airsoft with 50+ other people and some zombies in a MilSim style, look out for the "zombiesoft" events of which there is currently a poll in the FAO Mall facebook thingy about how/when to do the next one, so no they haven't been binned.

If you want a full-on AlienWar experience (except it's 4 hours instead of 20 mins) for 15-20 people with professional zombies, blank-firers, pyro's and F/X, full on costume and make-up, dedicated sound and lighting; look for Zed Events.

Gnu for hire. Oh wait... no... gun for hire.

Comment

I Like Holyfonz would be really interested to hear from people who have actually been though. opinon and conjecture is all well and good but has anyone any experience?
          I'll happily pay to go one one, but only if I think it might be A) worth my time and B) worth the drive.
          I run Horror LARP and my freinds from that have noticed the Zed games and even the casting call at pineapple studios (or whatever) London.

anyone been what were your thoughts?

Comment

I may be a little biased as, like Longshot, I also (try to) save lives at the Manor. However, I have gone through the game as a customer to see it from their point of view and it honestly scares me every time. I find the more you get into the role play, the more you get out of it. I hope it would be worth your time and your drive - we have even had people fly over from America just for the weekend to do this.

But as I said, perhaps I am more than a little biased we have had quite a few airsofters through though, so hopefully they will see this thread and give some more objective feedback!

Comment

Ok, I have played 2 requiem events, one at X-site and one recently at UCAP and I have to say they are a huge amount of fun. Yes there is a milsim element but creeping around in the pitch dark trying to acheive objectives with a 150 rnd ammo limit, gas and spring only mind you is a great departure from regular skirmishing with a dozen zombies out there in the dark. When you are down to your last mag it starts to feel a tiny bit more like it matters!!!

Try it....there is one booking now.

Comment

Originally posted by mi-go-a-go-go View Post
                B) worth the drive.
                Just for information, if you ever do decide to go, I know, as a fellow Lancastrian, that's it only takes about 50 minutes to get to the Manor. That's not too bad a drive given that we seem to live in most of the most airsoft deprived regions of England!
                102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

I run Requiem UK and do try and keep away from just a zombie game of shoot the zombies and run away, and with putting in a little more effort with the zombies, the last event I ran down at the Tunnels one of my crew was also a Art student and did a fantastic job at making up the undead.

The games generally have storylines with twists in game that no one expects.

As already said do not be confused with a full emersion experience that is not airsoft driven just using the weapons and a zombie "game" I like to think I offer a halfway house to that.

Zed events I know offer zombies using very realistic film like crew. Something we are also offering very shortly. Though not quite "zombie" based.

Comment

Just thought it would be a great time to show off my new group! Dedicated to zombie airsoft games!
                    http://www.facebook.com/groups/13329...up_name_change

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

holyfonz Find out more about holyfonz
                    Working...
                    X