Would Bad Weather Stop You Playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Would Bad Weather Stop You Playing?

Anyhow the weather has never bothered me, I loved my first snow day. I tend to fall at the hangover part. Sunday mornings are just plain evil some days.

Comment

I had a very wet day at GZ woodland the other weekend lots of people went home early but there were some hard core dudes who stayed

Comment

Originally posted by tacmedic View Post
        I had a very wet day at GZ woodland the other weekend lots of people went home early but there were some hard core dudes who stayed
        hardcore and idiot are different :P and i stay no matter what, as i dont drive and have to wait for my lift.
        Gangsta lean, it's not all bad...

Comment

Cold does not bother me, actually dislike hot more, I will play in very light rain as long as it isnt raining before we start, as not all our gear up area is covered and I end up not being able to see crap, and heavy rain well then just no. (weather is the biggest problem for me as I have to book game days off up to a month in advance so if it pours thats my day and chance to play that month ruined.)

Comment

Yes, I hate playing in the rain, it just makes me miserable especially if it's cold as well.

Cold I can handle, but not cold and wet, **** that for a game of soldiers.

Comment

Well i live and work on a farm so bad weather dont stop work so why should it stop play? Only weather i hate is strong winds because sniping in a strong wind is impossible, you have to do a full scope length away to hit anything and thats at naff all distance, full wind = stick to the AEG.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

2 Years ago i'd have said you probably are one of the morning softers that play on delta ( I do too but stayed it out).

When I finally sat it out, it was late november/ early December, probably one of the most torrential days i'd seen in a long time, spend an hour in what I found out to be an amazing spot lying under cover of bush with my DMR.

Two hours later the game was pretty much a wash out, me and my mate got changed (we thought to bring a spare set of clothes ) and by this time only about 30 people were left.

Bearing in mind it was 5 degrees ish, and I had water proofs, I was soaked through, had the worst chest infection i've ever had, 2 weeks off college and as a result my throats never been perfect since

So now, if it's constant rain, I pack up after an hour or two.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

Swill. Told the wife she is excused from playing in poor weather. She would like to talk to you. Just thought you should know she is 6ft tall and hard as nails. Meet her round the back first day of snow .

Seriously though the only thing thats stops us is wind, as you just have to point and hope if the wind gets up. It isn't uncomfortable or anything but as many have said it just isn't fun shooting and hoping you might just hit something
                  Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Sennybridge on Brecon beacons, 2 day milsim with constant rain, ankle deep in clay mud and sludge.
                    Local site in hailstorm, great kills that day, 3 of us with M14's accounted for nearly 50% of the opposition.
                    Snow, at several sites.
                    and the rarest of all, in the sunshine on occasions.

Ratty
                    Trader Feedback.
                    http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16017

Yorkshire Players Forum.
                    http://www.zeroin.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Comment

Played in light rain and freezing temp' didn't bother me! I love the mud :D

Comment

I'd play all day whatever the weather, rain and snow add to the day sometimes

"Superior Firepower: If it's not working, you're not using enough!"

Comment

lol when it was hurricane winds and rain that could kill us three lone wolves were still out there skirmishing :D

Comment

i like it when it rains and last year when is was heavy snow i got so many sniper kills :D

Comment

Originally posted by Twitchy View Post
                              lol when it was hurricane winds and rain that could kill us three lone wolves were still out there skirmishing :D
                              Haha, don't you mean "hunting"? :D

Comment

I was far more uncomfortable in the summer heat the the Rock than I was at GZW the last two weeks while it was raining!

(i loved the rain)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gmanuk Find out more about gmanuk
                                Working...
                                X