Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Would a good camo paint job add or subtract from the resale value of an airsoft gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would a good camo paint job add or subtract from the resale value of an airsoft gun?

Just wondering people's thoughts etc on this as I'm possibly looking to do a camo job on a mate's sniper rifle, but seeing as he always seems to sell and change around with his guns I was wondering if it would diminish the gun's value?
    Add value
    5.00%
    Subtract value
    80.00%
    No effect on value
    10.00%
    Other (please state)
    5.00%

The poll is expired.

Re: Would a good camo paint job add or subtract from the resale value of an airsoft g

Almost nothing puts me off a sale thread quicker than "custom paintjob" apart from "(ex)two tone".
    Originally posted by tackle
    For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

Re: Would a good camo paint job add or subtract from the resale value of an airsoft g

i like un-painted guns and would never buy a painted one,if i wanted a paint job i'd rather do it myself than buy it,im also hypercritical about stuff like that.

Comment

No idea on values but you min lessen your potential buyers.

I like camo jobs if done right. I cant bring myself to paint mine incase i screw it up.
        TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Comment

I think on a sniper rifle such as a VSR or L96 they can look good, but it does close your market making it slightly more niche. It can change a relatively standard and common gun into a piece of art, if done correctly.
          "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

i think its subjective, and depends how bad the paint job is.. a well painted sniper rifle would grab my attention. a poorly splattered AEG not so. but i dont buy guns with the intension of keeping them mint for resale. first thing i did when i got my latest m4 was take some wet and dry to it to get rid of the crappy shiney my guns new look

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

As stated, many will buy a sprayed Sniper rifle, not many will buy a sprayed assault rifle

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

I wouldnt touch a painted AEG/shotty/sniper etc for sale with a bargepole.

Not only is any paint job massively subjective to taste but you dont know how carefully it was done, you might find out half the internals have green spray on

Comment

My friend bought a CYMA Spetsnaz that was so badly sprayed (it looked like a desert turd) and when he came to stripping it apart to remove the disgusting pattern, he found that the gearbox obviously hadn't been remove when it was sprayed.

People who do a half-arsed job like that, where they don't spray each part individually or remove the important components (such as a gearbox or parts they don't want spraying) deserve to be shot. Paint shouldn't be anyway near a gearbox. This is the sole reason why I avoid painted guns. Most of them are done by mongoloids.

Comment

I wouldn't buy a gun with a paint job, no matter how good it looked. I'm sure other people will love it and buy it.

Comment

There are very few paintjobs that add value to a gun. A good cerakoted gun will probably be raised in value, due to the cost and quality of the finish. Another one that adds value is the camo-dipped guns, that have custom marpat, or multicam dips on them.
                      sigpic

The Proud Owner Of A New G&P US Navy MK23 LMG (Stoner 63)!

Comment

As has been said, paint jobs are unpopular.
                        Having said that, it has never stopped me painting mine!
                        If you don't want to affect the price of a sniper you could cover it in sniper tape and then paint that. It'll be easy to remove when the time comes.
                        "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
                        George Carlin

Comment

I can't see how it effects the price as it just reduces the market you have for selling and people will pay what they pay

Comment

As Pasty has said anything customised limits the market.
                            Raven's Claw: bug*er this just charge

Comment

It just limits your audience much lower, I would personally never buy a camo painted gun.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

GhostDivisionAirsoft I can am grammar Find out more about GhostDivisionAirsoft
                              Working...
                              X