Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Airsofting and kids (one for the parents)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Airsofting and kids (one for the parents)

Also another note, i was brought up around shotguns and shooting (my dad regulary shoots pigeons, pheasants etc.) and got a shotgun liscence at the age of 13. Just because your older doesnt meen your more mature with handling a gun, and becuase i have always been encoraged to use one when we went shooting, i always knew never to touch them. He also kepts his guns in a safe which i knew of at the age of 6, but was never particulary intrested because i knew i wasnt allowed to touch them. Heck he brought a shotgun for me to use the year i got my liscence, so i it does show how young people if advised properly can be shown how to use a weapon responsibly.

Comment

Originally posted by tacmedic View Post
      Ive just had this problem I let my eight year old boy handle a couple of weapons.
      Next thing I know two phone calls one from my ex wife he has told people at school daddy has lots of guns at home.
      To be honest ive got 16 and the nature of my work would require me to report to several agencys if I was told this by a minor.
      Yeh, thats the thing, it could potentially be taken out of context, chinese whispers and all, one of our children says something even if they do say it's not a 'real' gun, it goes to someone else, someone else and so on until a teacher hears about it and reports it.

Still, having that chat with her tonight, hopefully I will explain things well enough.
      Weapons of Choice:
      G&G SOC-16
      Socom Gear NOVAK neXt 1911
      JG - AK47 tactical
      VFC Scar - L
      Custom Benelli M3 Super 90

Comment

ive been shooting firearms since i was about 12 and hunting with them from about 14. the anology i always like to use is...

rmemeber when you at those parties, and theres always those girls (generally speaking) whose parent never let the drink, and they always end up hammered, puking their guts up and generally watching their dignity evapourate in front of their eyes?

well i take the same stand on firearms and airsoft. i think its way better to start them young and make sure they grow up with a healthy dose of respect and sensibiliy. rather than being exposed to them and being like oh coooooool *points at friends*. at the end of they day, even if the child goes out and tells her friends, what does it matter? if the police turn up, then no biggy cos you wouldnt be doing anything illegal (especially so with airsoft). much like alcohol, if you keep guns (real or airsoft) as a taboo subject then the child is much more likely to take an interest in them and thats when accidents happen.....

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

steveoz Find out more about steveoz
        Working...
        X