Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Plug in and play burst wizard MOSFET opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Plug in and play burst wizard MOSFET opinions?

I had 2, played with them, they worked as advertised but the soft start noticeably reduced the trigger response and I did notice an audible difference in rof (slower) when it was plugged in.

All to be expected really as it is an in line unit. I sold them on and went for the more expensive option of slowly buying a dedicated mosfet unit for each gun as and when I can afford it. I had rather foolishly thought having 2 of these plug and play units would mean I would save a lot of money.

Comment

I use airfet brand hardware fets in most of the guns I use often and use the burst wizard as a plug and play in the support weapons. Plenty of room for them and gives the usual full auto only support weapons a nice burst option because it tends to be easy to go all 'Rambo' sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by Phatvortex View Post
        Ugh burst wizard.
        It isn't a mosfet switch in the sense that it protects your trigger contacts. For that reason I avoid them.
        Hard wiring it doesn't change the fact that it's doing nothing to protect your contacts.
        Hard-wiring it removes the current from the trigger. When hard-wired it protects your trigger contacts 100% as much as any other mosfet.

Originally posted by Tactixal View Post
        I use a King Kong Burst Wizard, not had any problems in my Magpul Masada.
        I have the King Kong in my Masada also, for about a year now. I've been running it (in drop-in configuration) with 11v LiPo's and had zero issue with the microswitch.

Comment

Nope...is it even a mosfet?

It just seems to limit the amount of time the power is supplied to the motor.

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

In drop-in configuration all it does is delay the delivery of full current for a moment - just enough to close the contacts and reduce arcing. You still have the same amount of current delivered through the trigger contacts but arcing is reduced somewhat.

In wired-in configuration then it's no different to any other mosfet - the current between battery and motor completely bypasses the trigger.

From the manual:

Comment

i think the confusion is being caused by the number of these devices on the market,most only give an in line plug and play function that's clever but does not give all the benefit's that a wired in mosfet can offer,however the king kong burst wizard can be either plug and play or as the diagrams show it can be wired in (not simply replacing the plugs with soldered joints but a complete reconfiguration) giving all the benefits of conventional mosfets plus a lot of other cool stuff to optimise the gearbox that you only get on high end mosfets of around £70,and its only £30 if you shop about so pretty good value in my book.

Comment

Im thinking about getting a plug n play system from a pro shop....

Ive heard these can give you a delay on the trigger, guys who have had one, have you noticed any delays esp on semi?

cheers
                FOR SALE
                7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

They're pointless. Get a properly installed one.

Comment

You get probs with mosfets ans micro switches, hence i have not yet
                    FOR SALE

Comment

only reason to get a P&P one is for burst fire or the like, and actually I've taken mine out and just use my finger as my control unit now.

As above, don't get confused between these and true wired in mosfets, which are a really good idea IMO.

didn't notice any delay when i was using my control unit. You can program them for a "sniper delay", might be what people were talking about?

Comment

na, I did mess around with one a few years ago, and the trigger response def wasnt as snappy
                        FOR SALE

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tomtomsatnav love airsoft! Find out more about tomtomsatnav
                        Working...
                        X