Collapse

Propane - Is it still cost effective?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Propane - Is it still cost effective?

I cant see it gumming anything up - if I'm putting mags away for a while I normally use a drop or two of full blown very thick sillicone oil (the kind of stuff I use on an AEG piston) - its never gummed anything up
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Hi guys I've also gone down the refill of smal colmans bottls route!

Problem though I have a 13kg calor gas bottle and a MacCoupler of a auction site, but the small colmans bottles don't fit, as the big calor bottle gets in the way of it screwing on! How have you guys overcome this is there a simple extention piece you can pick up from local plumbers place?

Cheers

Comment

I don't have that problem at all.

Comment

The easiest way to overcome that is to get hold of a calor cylinder that you can fit it to or buy a hose assembly (if you can find one that is suitable)
          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Bugger, I would go for a different calor gas bottle however I just paid for one, however I do have 3 different sizes at work and none fit, must be my adapter

See a hose to me sounds a bit sketchy, ideally I'd like a solid extention it only needs to be about 25mm longer and it would fit! Grrrrr!

Cheers

Comment

That's weird as the Mac coupler is supposed to fit anything from 6kg up, I've used it myself on a 6kg cylinder with no problems.

Comment

I have heard of other people having problems getting the Colemans cylinder to screw on due to clashing. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the size of the big bottle, it's more down to the design around the outlet. I am soon to buy a big bottle myself and need to find out which one is gonna fit. Failing that, I am going to go in with my adaptor and colemans bottle and offer it up to whatever they have.

SRC G36C v2 / ICS L85 A2 / ICS M4 RIS Proline all with AirFET mosfets. RA-Tech WE GBB Open Bolt SCAR
                TM chrome Deagle / KWA P226 / WE G18C Gen4

Comment

Cheers for the help people, what I done to get round this was 1st I baught a guage that tells you how much is left in the big propane bottle but that didn't work as when it got turned upside Down it blocked the presure to the colmans bottle.

So then I went to a gas supplier and got what looks like a brass pipe (L shape) male -female, which works a treat as when upside down the colmans bottle is the write way up so easy to access the realease valve and what not, and also makes sure that when screwing the colmans bottle on its not going to counter act the reverse thread of the adaptor!

If that maks any sence!

Cheers

Comment

See if you can find a picture or a link for the 'L' piece mate, might help others out in the future

Comment

GO to a certain outdoor shop they have plenty of colemans at £8.00 a bottle

Comment

Good idea I'll upload a picture tomorrow as a refferance aswell!

Also yeah a certain outdoor place has them for £8 or you can refill them for about £1
                        Making propane very cost effective!O

Comment

Under 80 pence, máte.

Comment

Hope this works! But this is the fitting I used, and works a treat!!

Comment

looks great whhere did you get that?

Comment

It's a company in Plymouth, not sure if there else where. But there called "BOC ltd", there a gas and parts supplier!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                                X