Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Winchester Randall....yes or no as a good side-arm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Winchester Randall....yes or no as a good side-arm?

I'm considering one for looks, 144a gas and limited use it'll rock :p i I could find cheap 1873 furniture I'd have a KTW but until then :p

Comment

Not had the Randal, but have owned the full length KTW and currently own a Marushin and ACM Winchesters. The Marushin is stunning when new but the finish is easily blemished and the design is ingenious but flawed, and as Aitch says 'weak'. I bought the ACM for parts but ended up taking the woodwork off the Marushin and adding it to the ACM. It shoots below our limits of 350fps too. As for the KTW. They are harder to 'cock' but not too bad. Wear gloves to protect your knuckles. You can't 'flip' any of these single handed so even the randal requires two hands to operate. The mechanism is largely plastic and in my opinion is best left as is rather than attempting to fettle for an extra few fps. AEG springs wont fit. They benefit from a heavy lube of the main spring as this will damp out the twangy noise you get when firing.

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnife View Post
        Have seen them in over the shoulder holsters and backpacks, but on a leg holster. Maybe if you are Dolph Lundgren and you consider the Serbu Super Shorty a sidearm then fine, but for average sized humans better on your back or on a bungie at your side if you don't mind the possibilities of scrapping it along the ground.
        The "Randall" is the "sawn-off" version, you know?
        I carry my KTW carbine (the long one) in a shotgun scabbard.

Comment

out of intrest what other lever actions (gas or spring) are out there?

Comment

I think it's very limited...

Marushin have made a few (I think all gas shell ejecting)

A&K had a go at the gas carbine version of the winchester (which i've heard has a decent range but is too powerful at over 400fps)

KTW make spring versions of both the carbine and randall winchester
            sigpic

Comment

Marushin 1892 is not shell ejecting. It is gas. It is a lovely collectors piece.
              They do a gas Randall too. BBs are fed into the gun with a speedloader through the loading port in the side of the receiver.
              ACM/A&k is a cheap copy of the Marushin. Paint is poor, some but not all are a bit high powered. (but this is down to your sites fps limits); wood or plastic stock.
              KTW 1873 is a springer. BBs are held in a removable tube magazine. They also make a Randall.
              HWS make an 1866 yellowboy. Gas, like Marushin I believe. Rarer than hens teeth.

Comment

As a skirmishable option, you should only look to the KTWs at the moment. They're really the only safe-zone friendly option, as the gas ones don't have removable mags.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Airsoft Lad WWII 514th American Re-enactor Find out more about The Airsoft Lad
                Working...
                X