Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Mail are USELESS

hi all
    i am posting this to see if anyone else has hassle with the Royal "pain in the arse" Mail?
    i have had packages lost damaged and even sent back because they cant read.

my last experience and this has pissed me off is the 100 mile 4 hour round trip to collect one of my guns from the distribution depo.

i sent it by royal mail 48hr parcel service and it went off ok
    i received a letter 1 week later asking me to collect it asap as "due to its contence" it couldn't be shipped on.
    i phoned and arranged a time to collect.

I arrived to be asked in to a side office where a policeman and a postal worker both sat
    i had to prove my identy and that i was UKARA reg and they still thought the gun was real!!!
    only until it was inspected (by the policeman) that they found out it was a toy and i was not the arms dealing terroist they once thought.
    so now i returned home i have decided that royal mail are utter useless and i will be using DHL from now on
    so for cheep 24 or 48 hour delivery go to www.senditquick.com

post if you have a royal mail drama
    thanks all TF

Re: Royal Mail are USELESS

wow, I never knew they would go to those extremes!

usually, they are ok for me.. delivered my guns/cash to sellers on time and not broken.

but once, after one retailer posted my gun back after being serviced, i took it out of the box to find the stock snapped off. not the pins out or anything, snapped.

i couldnt be bothered with the hassle or the time to complain about it, but it was very irritating! and im sure the retailer wouldnt have just packaged it up broken like that...
    Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

I've never had a problem with Royal Mail, all of the packages I've sent 1st class have arrived within the standard 1 - 2 days and all packages sent to me have been the same.

Around Christmas time there was obviously delays but thats to be expected.

Can't fault them.

Comment

so far they owe me the best part of 500 pounds for insured parcels that were destroyed, but they have refused to pay me the compensation.

have kept all the reciepts, and i have obviously had to refund the buyers out of my own pocket, but apparantly i dont have enough proof to warrant a payout.

not impressed, i try not to use them if possible, but due to paypal locking my account with near on 500 quid in it i have no alternative now.

complete and utter useless.

cal

Comment

How exactly did they find out it was a gun?

If they see something they think could possibly be a firearm, they have to get the police involved and get you to prove it isnt.

Id think about how it was wrapped to be honest, Ive sent many guns by post and as all have been wrapped pretty well Ive never had a problem.

Having said that I did once receive an ak which was just obviously an ak wrapped in brown paper and they didnt stop that so yeah, Id agree that they are useless :p

Comment

I swear DHL wont ship anything remotely gun shaped

And Spetz, they randomly x-ray different packages
            G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
            RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

So, wait. Royal Mail deceived you in order to bring you into being 'held' by a police officer (which, technically, you were)? I'd see a solicitor.

Comment

hi all
                i box anything i send so it is no way gun shaped.
                ok spetsnazdave87 they had decided to Xray it (as they do randomly due to the terrorists and trying to send parcel bombs anthrax etc)

it is policy that royal mail hold anything suspicious and inform the police
                when i arrived i was asked to prove who i was then questioned by the police on site
                i was not under arrest and had phoned to arrange a collection time the police being there is standard practice for suspicious packages that are deemed "safe" ie not going to explode or contain poison , toxins etc.
                it was easier for me to prove it wasnt a gun and go on my way rather than go to the police station , wait in a cell etc.

as for DHL i send anything boxed (original or not and state it as "TOYS")
                This works and i have no problems.
                TF

Comment

Originally posted by twoflower View Post
                  it is policy that royal mail hold anything suspicious and inform the police
                  I know that. And rightly so.

However, they could have just had the package examined by same Police officer, ascertained it was an airsoft weapon then sent it on its merry way. It is not illegal to purchase a RIF. Neither is it illegal to send them through the post.

You were 'had', mate - stand up for yourself.

Comment

I've had stuff been stolen, I deffinately don't trust them anymore.

Comment

How is this RM's fault?
                      1.A suspicious package is found.
                      2.Old Bill are informed.
                      3.It's now out of RM's hands,and the Police take over the situation.
                      Wipe them out.All of them.

Comment

Sent a small parcel first class recorded wednesday, still hasn't arrived. Bloody RM, if it's gone missing that's £80 I'm down.

Comment

Random x rays are unfortunate, but glad you got it sorted out anyway.

Comment

ok, as someone who's done a lot of postal deals, theres a few tips that means 99% of your stuff will get there.
                            Don't send it by 1st or 2nd class standard post, if it goes missing you can only claim around £36 back. Don't be fooled, tho, into thinking that recorded delivery means that if your lovely new ystema you've bought goes missing, you'll get full compensation.
                            I generally post all my stuff 24 hour/next day delivery. I also inform the postal peeps of the approxomate replacement price of the item posted. Yes, this does mean that i pay an additional cost on top of the postal price, but it means that i can claim tthe full market price for anything that goes missing.
                            Finally get a tracking number, its so much easier to track your stuff, and reasures a lot of people have dealt with, when there are delays on post, that the item has been posted.
                            Ratty
                            Trader Feedback.
                            http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16017

Yorkshire Players Forum.
                            http://www.zeroin.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Comment

ratty1968 is right.Don't confuse "Recorded" Delivery with "registered"(Special) Delivery.
                              Recorded is treated exactly the same as normal post and packages,just with a signature required at the end and a nominal compensation fee.
                              Special Delivery is tracked from depot,to depot,to delivery.Compensation is more substantial,and don't forget the signature.!
                              Wipe them out.All of them.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

twoflower Find out more about twoflower
                              Working...
                              X