Royal Mail are USELESS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Royal Mail are USELESS

I know parcel force are part RM (in some way or another) but i have always used Parcel Force 48 and never had a problem..........Although i once had a box delivered and left in the recycle bin for me to find.. i think that was how i had a couple of packages go missing as well, they ended up at a land fill site in bloody china or somewhere
    Warrior L96
    TM FULL STOCK M4 s-system
    A&K M249 para
    WE High Capa 5.1 GBB

Trade feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7927

Comment

hi all
      olithefly its RM fault because instead of sending the package on its way i had to go and get it after paying for delivery, and prove it wasn't an illegal firearm and have the police question me.
      if the police had taken it over i would not have gone to the depot and they would have checked it before i got there, and arrested me.
      royal mail do not like you sending any form of firearm (replica de activated or airsoft) through the post as it causes them hassle if they find it.
      also because it was a suspicious package i don't get a refund and i had to collect it
      so royal mail are useless and they try to con you at every turn

thanks TF

Comment

Originally posted by twoflower View Post
        hi all
        olithefly its RM fault because instead of sending the package on its way i had to go and get it after paying for delivery, and prove it wasn't an illegal firearm and have the police question me.
        Without knowing that the gun was a replica,RM had no option but to inform the Police.PC Bill Identikit would have then told RM to contact you and get you into the office.It wouldn't be RM's call.
        Wipe them out.All of them.

Comment

yet apart from Slow delivery i've never really had a issue..... Maybe its because I have this on every box with a a RIF in it:

IMPORTANT NOTICE

The contents of this package includes:

"Airsoft" toy gun(s), and/or
          Parts or Accessories for Airsoft toy gun(s).

These toy guns/parts/accessories have extremely low output power, are non-lethal and designed for recreational use only.

Although they may imitate the shape & appearance or a real firearm and/or firearm parts/accessories, they cannot be modified to chamber/fire real ammunition, nor be modified to be used as a real firearm. No internal parts within these toy guns or their respective accessories are interchangeable with real firearms, nor able to withstand the blast recoil of a real firearm.

In most countries they are classified as "toys" for import duty / tariff purposes. Unless a specific category has been created for "Airsoft guns". The Content of this package have also been modified / updated (when necessary) to adhere to specific country's import regulations governing Airsoft guns.

If any question regarding this shipment arises, please do not hesitate to contact the recipient as listed on the shipping manifest.
          I APOLOGISE IN ADVANCE IF I BREAK THE RULES.

Comment

I've been dealing on the internet for 5 years now and only had 2 problems.
            1 package apparantly failed to show although I believe this was down to the buyer as royal mail said it had been delivered. (I lost £10)
            Sent a front end SD the other week took 5 days to get there...

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9861
            http://www.airsoftcommunity.co.uk/fo...eputation=2700

Comment

Twoflower, royalmail aren't perfect that much is obvious...but why would you want to send a RIF 1st class? with no insurance, no tracking or anything?

If the RIF got lost in the post you do realise if someone was buying it from you, it would be down to you as the seller to refund them and sort it out?

Its really not worth taking the risk on any items of value imo.

My feed back
              http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9280

Comment

Its worth checking any couriers terms of carriage because alot of them wont transport RIFs, pyrotechnics or firearms, and as you have paid them their fee you are then agreeing to the terms, if you are found to be sending them anyway the company can obviously keep your money, perhaps take you to court or get the police involved as you have broken the contract. I dont know if parcelforce/RM will knowingly transport RIFs (guessing by this thread probally not but never know as they thought it was a real gun). I have sent guns through parcelforce before no problems, just luck of the draw with the x-rays, but i always made sure it was fully insured just incase.
                Probally worth using couriers that main airsoft dealers use or their RIFs ie City Link as businesses wont be able to get away with it and will have to do it all by the book.
                As for putting it down as 'Toys' i would suggest 'Sports equipment' but as few people have stated box it properly and securely, and also put inside the box a few Notes saying 'Replica' or something similar.

Comment

Look at it from RM's point of view. They have what could well be an illegal firearm. They cannot open it up themselves in case a) it's a RIF and they break it and b) if it's real it may be booby trapped in case it's intercepted. They have no choice but to involve the police.

Now look at it from the police's point of view. If they open it up they may not be able to send it on to the purchaser with the packaging looking how it was supposed to, buggering up the chances of a successful prosecution. If they asked you to attend the station, and you were trying to ship an illegal weapon, you'd run a mile. Asking RM to get you to come in is the best way for them to see if you are genuine, and be able to deal with you if you're not.

BUT, they should have carried on with the delivery once you had proved all was OK (if their terms of service allow RIFs to be posted) and this doesn't excuse delivery cock-ups either.

It may well be worth someone here asking RM for their policy on carrying RIFs. I'll look at their website and see if it says anything.
                  sigpic

Comment

i must have sent about 40 guns out with royal mail and never had a single problem with them or parcel force

allways arrive the next day or day after - i package things extremely well so that it cannot get damaged even if thrown against the wall and i ensure it for the full value of the gun
                    |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

This is the exact wording from RM's website:

Items which give the appearance of being a prohibited weapon or explosive ordnance, even if incapable of being used as a weapon, will be subject to closer scrutiny which will cause delay; and will be transported by road, rail, or sea, rather than by air.

So, they'l take RIFs, but don't expect them not to be messed with.

twoflower, I'd contact them and ask for a refund of your costs, including postage, fuel and time, refering them to their own published terms and conditions, and telling them that you'll take them to small claims court if you don't receive your money!
                      sigpic

Comment

actually no i lie

once had a gun posted TO me - it had been opened and looked at - packaging was royal mail packaging with a big sticker saying "DO NOT FLY"

haha i bet they were suprised when they opened it - just delayed the postage by a day or 2 - neither me nor the seller was contacted about why a gun was being transported - it just arrived where upon opening the front door the delivery man said "what have you been buying then"
                        |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

I have never had a problem with royal mail, never

Comment

So what's the best and safest way to send and best people to use?
                            Wanted:
                            Baton/Rubber 40mm grenades
                            GHK AKM Magazines

Comment

Check the terms of DHL, its says they wont post RIFs and you have to state whats in the package. So lying to them wont help and if they scan it ull get taken to court.

With royal mail ive never had a problem, everything i buy or sell makes it to the destination quickly.
                              Armoury:
                              JG MP5 SD6, TM G36C.

Sandhurst in May .

Feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6935

Comment

never had a problem either, if you dont wrap it correctly, take appropriate precautions then its ur own fault. I have sent numerous guns items with royal mail and they have never disappointed

I find most other delivering companies to be alot worse, especially as i found an AEG on my doorstep once in clear view and access to walkers by. I also find the workers themselves to be alot friendly than most couriers i have to deal with, including the call centers.
                                ADs

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

twoflower Find out more about twoflower
                                Working...
                                X