Clear All

Re: Pistol Carbine Convertors

i believe WE make a co2 mag for their hi-capa which should be compatable
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

KJW make CO2 mags for their hi-cappa. I believe KJW are a TM clone so all should be peachy.

Comment

has anyone used a 1911 conversion kit? i want to get a carbine kit and will be buying a 2nd pistol to go in it, but as my 2ndary is currently a 1911 i would like to be able to use the same mags.

if so how good are they, can you fit a silencer on as easily as you can for the glock models, and do all 1911's fit them? mine is currently a ASG (KJWorks) STi tac master, and as it takes Co2 and always works, i would like a 2nd one for the kit if at all possible.
        For Sale!
        TM M870 with a load of stuff
        A&K massada sniper spec
        Chronograph
        leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Unless I'm much mistaken, your pistol is not a 1911 - it's a HiCapa. It takes totally different (double-stack) magazines so bear that in mind before you purchase another that you want to share mags with. In terms of using a HiCapa as the basis for a 1911 carbine kit, the only 1911-compatible carbine kit I know is AABB's which will only fit the standard single-stack 1911.

As to the suppressor, the 1911 was the first Browning short-recoil tilting barrel design so suspending weight off the wrong of the barrel is a bad idea. It can be done, but it's a bad idea. However, suppressing a HiCapa is a different affair; although standard barrels use the same system you can buy special non-recoil barrels (5KU make a clone) that don't interface with the locking lugs at all. One of those, if custom threaded, could in theory fit a suppressor and a longer inner barrel without affecting reliability.

Comment

the STi tac master is a single stack 1911, can take standard single stack and Co2 single stack mags.
            its the AABB kit ive been looking at, you can get them with and without suppressors fitted (so it wouldn't actually fit to the 1911 if i got that version)

so far as i can see i would have to remove the ambi safety, and replace it with a short standard one, but apart form that it looks like my 1911 would fit right in. my main concern was with it being a TM clone, are the dimensions off (as with the glocks and serpa's)
            For Sale!
            TM M870 with a load of stuff
            A&K massada sniper spec
            Chronograph
            leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

i fancy a hera arms one now XD

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

About the Author

Collapse