Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random, but true!

Right then lads,

You know when you're explaining to someone what Airsoft actually is, you tend to go (well I do) 'it's like paintballing but rather than paintballs, it's bb bullets or plastic bullets'.

GET PAINTBALL GONE AND BRING AIRSOFT IN!!!

We need people to ask what Paintball is, rather than ask what Airsoft is! For example, when your explaining to someone about paintball, and you go 'it's like Airsoft but you use Paintballs instead'.

True, no?

It just angers me (and probably you) more!

So that's my little story! Hope you liked it!

Ben:D

Re: Random, but true!

You do know that the reason we compare Airsoft to Paintball is because Paintball is a well known and established hobby/sport/recreation where as Airsoft is still fairly unknown and not quite socially accepted yet?

Comment

Originally posted by psirus101 View Post
      You do know that the reason we compare Airsoft to Paintball is because Paintball is a well known and established hobby/sport/recreation where as Airsoft is still fairly unknown and not quite socially accepted yet?
      Nail on the head.

/Thread

Comment

Id rather every man and his dog didnt know about airsoft like they do paintball if im honest - the more people know about it, the more people have opinions on it and lets be honest, a lot of those would be negative.
        We dont want to end up with 2tone all round or no airsoft at all...

Plus I like the fact that the sport feels pretty exclusive, its nice to have a sport that out of a large group of people only you play

Comment

That's what I was getting at Psirus - I was just wondering whether others felt the same.

///Benjii

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Is it anything like lazerQuest, but without the lazers?
            There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by Thingy View Post
              We dont want to end up with 2tone all round or no airsoft at all...

Plus I like the fact that the sport feels pretty exclusive, its nice to have a sport that out of a large group of people only you play
              One could argue that the very exclusivity that you desire is what led to the creation of two tones, how can you expect a politician to understand our need for a RIF if he/she doesn't understand the very core of the hobby? Infact if you think about it the actual shooting/gun part of the hobby only counts for a percentage of the whole thing, I know alot of my enjoyment of Airsoft comes from the social side.

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
              Is it anything like lazerQuest, but without the lazers?
              Its laser dammit! LASER! *shakes fist angrily* RAAARRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH [/Rage]

Comment

On your side Psirus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Originally posted by psirus101 View Post
                  One could argue that the very exclusivity that you desire is what led to the creation of two tones, how can you expect a politician to understand our need for a RIF if he/she doesn't understand the very core of the hobby? Infact if you think about it the actual shooting/gun part of the hobby only counts for a percentage of the whole thing, I know alot of my enjoyment of Airsoft comes from the social side.
                  I wouldve though the creation of 2tone was to stop any old chav getting hold of a rif and going "shopping" with it :P
                  Though I can see what you mean with the whole politician not understanding side of things

The whole social side of airsoft is one of the best bits though thats for sure, some of the best people I know ive met at airsoft

Comment

its like paintballing but with out the inflatables and stupid team shirts..

Comment

Originally posted by Thingy View Post
                      I wouldve though the creation of 2tone was to stop any old chav getting hold of a rif and going "shopping" with it :P
                      Although that's the way the government looked at it, all a chav has to do now is get hold of a two-tone, spray it black, then go "shopping".

Comment

If you're in Eastern Asia, it's often the other way around, I have heard! Apparently airsoft is commonplace, and paintball is relatively unheard of!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by badger906 View Post
                          its like paintballing but with out the inflatables and stupid team shirts..
                          Multi-cam
                          ACU
                          DDPM

;P

Comment

If you're in Eastern Asia, it's often the other way around, I have heard! Apparently airsoft is commonplace, and paintball is relatively unheard of!

thats 'cus they have better taste

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

Just because I love airsoft doesn't mean I want that to detriment anyone else's choice of fun...
                              Originally posted by Fenriz
                              I deliberately and maliciously gun for anyone running a boxmag in any weapon that's not a proper support weapon. It's sick and wrong, and people that do it should be put on a register...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Benjii Ben, been in the airsoft 'world' for just over 2 years. Not much of a camper, a pure rusher! Find out more about Benjii
                              Working...
                              X