The 'What have you done to your kit this week' thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 'What have you done to your kit this week' thread

Had a quick look, couldn't see a thread like this - basically it's to say what you've done to your kit in the last week, to get a little bit of conversation going.

Starting the thread:

-Replaced the front body screw on my L96 and added a lock washer to prevent this one from going missing

-Added a Guarder SP90 spring to my TM MP5 and a G&G air nozzle, as it's now been moved into the sniper backup / CQB equipment list

-Stripped, cleaned and lubed my PX4 for the weekend

Also, top tip - when you throw away dead electrical equipment, strip it down and keep all the screws before throwing the rest of it away. The amount of times I've replaced screws with old ones from computers / VCRs / DVD players must have saved me a few quid by now

Re: The 'What have you done to your kit this week' thread

Fitted a new hop unit.

sprayed up SR25 ready for its rebuild as a DMR.

Rebuilt a Hicapa mag.

Tidied and rebuilt my airsoft work station.

Sorted a helmet out with a built in face shield and adjusted to run goggles underneath.

Stared at my gear, realised that I have far to much but have decided to sternly ignore that issue.

Stared at my guns and hope for a skirmish soon.

Realised Im getting a resettlement lump sum in January and have thought what I can treat myself to.
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I like the idea of this thread. :D

Cut the elastic from an EI mag pouch as my mags (EMAGS) were being awkward to remove/replace, still unsure how its going to work in the field but I've got an un-modded one as well.

I put some cable ties onto my RRV, to prevent the back straps sliding out of the elastic on my MAP, to keep it more secure.
      "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
      Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

Got new multicam loadout for this weekend, trousers,shirt, helmet cover and hopefully a new multicam tact vest tomorrow.
        Gunwise, new 3xmagnifier for my scar-l to try out on Sunday.
        sigpic

Comment

Tidy All my Airsoft Gear Up

browse what im gonna buy when its pay day next week

Fix the hop up unit on my 226

somehow break the takedown lever on 226

got angry when i saw how much the replacement was

ordered a guarder breakdown lever

sat waiting for it to arrive
          Originally posted by FireKnife
          Firing a MAC-11 is like a guy with premature ejaculation having sex with a stunning and filthy woman.

So much win but over way to quickly.

Comment

Stripped down my broken KSC G18C and fixed it with parts from my ASG G18C, Striped and cleaned the P90 from Sundays Game at the Mall,
            Got more 9mm Blanks and dug out my pyro
            Packed it all back up ready for Sunday at CQB Swindon!
            . . . . . . . . . GET SOME!!! . . . . . . . .
            TM P90/ G&G M4 CHOINE (WHITE M4 INNIT!) / KSC G18C / TM G17 / WE G18C / WE 1911 MEHICO DRUGLORD

Comment

Read Pan's thread with the pictures of his FAL para.

Searched the 'net for a carry handle for mine at a decent price.

Stripped the FAL down to see how easy it is to fit.

Looked at my bank account, realised I've got very little money, no skirmish due till the new year and we're moving house soon.

Rebuilt the FAL
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                Stared at my gear, realised that I have far to much but have decided to sternly ignore that issue.
                This... then deciding that ignoring the issue was a good idea I went out and bought a new optic and torch for my Scar.

Took pictures of new items on said Scar.

Replaced the hop rubber on my m4 cqbr.

Thats about it so far this week.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                  Realised Im getting a resettlement lump sum in January and have thought what I can treat myself to.
                  Thats not what its for! Will be getting mine soon as well

Comment

drilled out the blind pins and fixed the seals on 5 old mk23 socom mags
                    turned two non winding m4 hicaps into one perfect one
                    experimented with putting sound insulation in the suppressor of the ASG socom (unsuccessfully)
                    Fitted an ambidextrous mag catch to my m4 (required some filing)
                    fixed some nasty barrel wobble
                    sown my own single point sling with an improved design
                    repaired my old dump pouch and made a new one that stops mags clinking in it when I run

Comment

Put it back together again, after using bits of it for my rapidly-improvised Halloween costume (depending on who you asked either "bear grylls" "ray mears" or "nuclear apocalypse survivor")

fitted my G23 with it's replacement frame
                      Fitted my threaded barrel to my G23
                      fitted the suppressor on the threaded barrel, using careful applications of brute force to clean out the coating that was jamming up the barrel threads.

Past that, there are a few bits I want to do, but rely on getting bits from various people before I can do it. for example, I can't rebuild my setup around a plate carrier, until I've got the carrier itself.
                      Not actually a builder
                      Not actually called Bob.

Comment

Messed around with the hop unit on my KSC G18 - im epoxying various bits together to remove play

Shimmed up the hop spacer in my m4

Took all the non-necessary pouches off my rig, filled each m4 pouch with a budweiser and went to a halloween party with it. (pistol mag pouch for the bottle opener).

Shot the garden wall a few times
                        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

just moved house so unpacked all my gear ready to mess with tomorrow before sundays game.

tested the dmr with its new hop unit as the last one just would not feed no matter what i did. all working now so just need to set it up on the day for best range.

got my new m60 out of the box and checked it all over again before its 1st skirmish this weekend.

began to charge my growing pile of lipo's as each gun has its own, may sell up and try to invest an 2-3 that are compatable with everything im using. (may be a challenge to match the output of the 2600Mah 11.1 that i use in the dmr, but worth a try)

tomorrow ill be washing all my gear and deciding what to use for my 1st woodland game in months, my cqb loud out is gunna stick out like a 2 tone (but the new OD soft shell should go some way towards combating this)
                          For Sale!
                          TM M870 with a load of stuff
                          A&K massada sniper spec
                          Chronograph
                          leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Stephen View Post
                            my cqb loud out is gunna stick out like a 2 tone (but the new OD soft shell should go some way towards combating this)
                            Not half as bad as my lovely high vis jacket ill be wearing...
                            sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

From the beginning of the week...

Sawed off MP7 foregrip, fitted RIS and new TD QD Grip
                              Filed out SERPA for new P226
                              Cleaned and relubed P226
                              Stripped down, rebuilt and relubed Glock 18C twice
                              Dismantled M249 Mk46, repaired snapped gear axle, dismantled Box mag (and rebuilt, rewired several times), ordered new servo.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

brooxy Find out more about brooxy
                              Working...
                              X