X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TM mp7 GBB or Kriss Vector?

Fu*k logic, I want a vector.
    Kiran Payne
    TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
    Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rouge View Post
      if you want something really special have you considered an ebb from tm pro-line?
      Only TM ebb i would take is an AKs74U but i have my heart set on a smg.

I have really been considering a magpul FPG , spare parts by the handfull and mags are plentyfull plus i can stick it in my dump pouch when im sniping.

Originally posted by tisane
      Never heard such a racket, its like taking a hi cap to a rave.

Comment

The FPG is all kinds of awesome. I've used one at a skirmish (not in anger though) and they are incredible. Plus (if you run KSC/KWA glocks) your mags are the same for your primary and backup!
        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
          The FPG is all kinds of awesome. I've used one at a skirmish (not in anger though) and they are incredible. Plus (if you run KSC/KWA glocks) your mags are the same for your primary and backup!
          What would be the point though. I only use my secondary when i've ran out of ammo :P
          Also when finding tight areas but a G36 huge compared to the FPG
          Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

Just do what I'm going to do: buy both! There's been a few reports about problems with the TM MP7, like the nossle breaking and such but it's early days really. As for the KWA VECTOR, well all anyone of us know is what we've seen on the preview videos. It's up to you really, but I also run a TM P90 TR and its a beast! If you can manage the gun then its always another option
            Originally posted by Tiercel
            The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

I decided i would go with the FPG for now and see how TM deals with the mp7's issues and see if the kriss actually ever comes out!
              Depending on what gun (if any) RA tech decides they will make an overhaul for will probably swing my decision in the future.

Right now i'm just going to grab myself a mossberg 500 and build one of these...

Originally posted by tisane
              Never heard such a racket, its like taking a hi cap to a rave.

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnife View Post

Still I think that KWA are just being a it money grabbing while missing the big picture. If you sell a Kriss with a 9mm Glock mag then people will be inclined to buy the Glock to go with it for games and then you will have a win-win situation.

'FireKnife'
                While you're thoughts do make sense and are very possible , of you thinkmaboutnit from KWA's pint of view: a lot of their focus is on 1:1 replicas ideally suited for use as a training weapon , the PTP series and their line of gbbrs that are used by law enforcement. The big thing in pdws right now Is rounds that will go through body armour , a 9mm doesn't do very well or very much of that but a .45acp does much better. So logic says that most of the super-v guns Kriss sell will be chambered for .45acp , if KWA want to make it as close to the real thing for aftermarket and pouches eat it needs to be exactly the same so having smaller mags than what would normally be used would deteriate the realism.

And if it makes them some more money....

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

The Kriss in .45 is not intended as a PDW.

It is meant to be a SMG that can handle the .45 with manageable recoil, as it often gives a heavier kick than the 9mm when fired on full auto so it uses that diagonal recoil retraction system to make the recoil much more managable. It was basically a test to build a stable gun in a very violent calibre when fired on full auto. As for .45 being better at penetrating armour that isn't true, if you wish to penetrate low level armour you use a thinner and more pointed round, this is why back in the days of Dillinger many of his men used .38 Super as it would crack through armour at the time while .45 couldn't.

Anyway that is enough about the real gun, I can see your point about the training weapons, but really how much of the market is actually taken up by these PTP style guns? I highly doubt half of this stuff they say about the guns being used is true, it is like Viper in this country claiming that it is used extensively in Afghanistan, while anyone who has used Viper stuff in the UK knows how fiddly and hard to use it can be. I see most of their sales will always be for the purpose of skirmishing and using in a hobby, meaning again it would be much better to stick to using what is already available. Plus seeing as the Kriss has seen little, if any issue to anyone what use does it have as a PTP design, seeing as again it is also going to be available in 9mm, which is still the more common round, it still seems a lot better to just stick to what they have. Plus how much difference is their in a 9mm double stack to a .45 one in the Glock, I don't doubt it is that much so will it really be that noticeable unless using those hard plastic magazine pouches?

Either way it feels to me like KWA are missing the point a bit here still, something that could make them money over trying to appeal a gun to a market that as yet doesn't exist, as few people, if anyone uses this gun in the real world.

'FireKnife'
                  68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                  Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

I think you're missing the point of the sales pitch behind KWA. The more they push the advertising about their guns being intended for military training, being a PTP and all that jazz the more appealing it is to airsofters. Because that way the consumer (us, the airsofters) are getting more value in our purchase, even if it is just a perceived bonus of having an air soft gun that 'could/is/maybe used by real operators.'

As far as marketing and branding goes, its quite a nice move on their part.
                    "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Another View Post
                      I think you're missing the point of the sales pitch behind KWA. The more they push the advertising about their guns being intended for military training, being a PTP and all that jazz the more appealing it is to airsofters. Because that way the consumer (us, the airsofters) are getting more value in our purchase, even if it is just a perceived bonus of having an air soft gun that 'could/is/maybe used by real operators.'

As far as marketing and branding goes, its quite a nice move on their part.
                      But to be honest that is the same as companies like Viper, they are only appealing to those that don't know any better (which judging by forums like this and some of the US ones can be a big market) and hoping they accept their word. Having a KWA that works better with a newer hop system than the one they have at the moment would be a better selling tool then slapping Professional Training Pistol on the side in big white letters to be honest. It is good to sell to the first timers and those that don't work out that other options exist but for the rest of us it is just a wasted opportunity.

While I can see what KWA are trying to do it just doesn't make as much sense as backwards compatibility. Many people will look at this and think 'ok it is going to be £300 for the gun, wait I can't use my Glock mags and need new one, sod that at £25 a 23rd mag' while they could have been thinking 'well it is only £300, don't need any extra mags so actually that is good, one off payment and done'.

At least with something like the MP7 it is a new design that shares mags with nothing in the real world so new mags make sense. With something like this, a gun that has a 9mm version announced, why not make the most of it. Plus if it was bought by companies outside of the US I would see it running 9mm NATO standard in the real world, which would clear both issues, they could have it running on the common Glock mags and then have it like the real thing. Again good idea, but potential to make it much, much better for all.

'FireKnife'
                      Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

If they make the top ends of the mags the same design hopefully a magwell adapter could be bodged up!
                        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

That is true, even if they made a section that slid in on the side of the Glock 9mm mags that wouldn't matter most people. Would be nice and cheap too.

Though still I don't care much for the KWA Kriss, I am still waiting on the Makarov they have promised for around 18 months and even shown a wroking model of about 6 months ago.

'FireKnife'

Comment

Never liked the FPG always though it was an over priced gimick gun.

Personally a better option would be a TM G18C + Hera Kit and cut a neat hole out for the fire selector.

Comment

now theres an idea!
                              plus thats the mag issue everyone is worried about sorted!!
                              a lot of people talk about thier glocks being able to compete with aeg's
                              only problem i can see is repair parts for the body if it breaks!!
                              that said how kwl would it be to pull one of those out of a dump pouch or utility pouch!!
                              i really want one so i can paint it!!
                              and have suprise written on it!!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Thunderfury Find out more about Thunderfury
                              Working...
                              X