star m249 - was it a mistake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: star m249 - was it a mistake?

what about the CA and G&P versoins? are they more like the a&k or closer to the TOP?
    |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

i've got a star m249 para once you replace the gears, piston, inner barrel,gearbox shell and put in a 9.6. they're pretty good weapons
      m249 para,m203,m4 cqb,m92f,m190 sf,spr,ak krinkov,ak74,aps2-sv,l96,p226

Comment

In myexperience they are a stinking piece of shite. I worked on one a while back and found the micro switches break, the triggers are very fragile, the box mag wiring was shocking and then the plastic gearbox broke.

I broke it up for parts and ended up buying an A+K Para which is about 20 times better out of the box.

Avoid like the plauge.

Comment

PLASTIC gearbox!?

Blimey!!!

My friend Just bought a Lovely A&K M249. Its the mutts nutts mate.

Like AA R85 and the Star version. AA is cheaper, but once got a few new upgrades, is far better than the star!!!

So get the A&K M249, upgrade it a bit, and It will Piss all over the STAR M249s!

Comment

Exactly what I did to mine. Gutted it and filled it with CA/TM internals. It's an absolute beast now.

Comment

Originally posted by lil rambo View Post
              i've got a star m249 para once you replace the gears, piston, inner barrel,gearbox shell and put in a 9.6. they're pretty good weapons
              So basically theyre good once you turn it into a completely internally different gun :p

Dave

Comment

basically yeah lol
                andrew
                m249 para,m203,m4 cqb,m92f,m190 sf,spr,ak krinkov,ak74,aps2-sv,l96,p226

Comment

Mate of mine got the TM thompson back when it first came out for his 15th birthday. The star M249 came out about the same time and it was many hundreds of pounds (might have been nearly a grand or something ridiculous).

A guy at his local site got one and brought it along, and was testing it at the range... everyone was gathering round, getting really enthusiastic about it though it wasnt performing well and the range and accuracy were dropping off after a short distance. Al simply walked up beside them, shouldered his thompson and fired off a burst with a greater range, accuracy and rate of fire, then walked off without saying a word.

Star M249= fail :p

Comment

And TM = Win.

Comment

We brought his thompson out of retirement recently... still going strong seven years later :p

Comment

Originally posted by curlyboy View Post
                        try lugging a CA/A&K around all day
                        I do lug a full CA249 round all day and have no problems

But my mate has a star para and its crap. I mewan you can dual wield them for a start lol

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shadowcaptain Something About Yourself... oh shit i dont think thats what it meant by "write something about yourself"basically i am alex rhodes, the one and only :Pi like to think of myself as just an average guy, with a good sense of humour, and some ace friendsim not big on myself so i will leave the judgements up to you...i just hope they are all goodso there you go...on the most basic of levels that is me___send us a message ____im allways about to answer them and will ALLWAYS REPLY unlike some peopleAlex Rhodes, (aka ShadowCaptain) x Find out more about shadowcaptain
                        Working...
                        X