Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Any rifles that have low FPS yet high performance/range.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any rifles that have low FPS yet high performance/range.

Basically I want to see if this is a common thing or a one off. A friend of mine has a TM MC-51. He has had it for nearly 9 years now and its been rebuilt from the ground up a few times. Anyway it recently went through a rebuild. The 5 - 6 year old systema gearbox and motor have been swapped for some new parts. Now its always been a winner with range and performance. We are talking confirmed 70m+ single shot kills. In its previous form it was about 340-350fps. So just above the limit. But being a single shot weapon no biggie. Now he bought a Systema Energy M120 gear box and Systema high speed motor. Now the new gearbox shreaded its gears on the test run so that came out. So now its got the old gear box with the new high speed motor.

Now this is were it gets wierd. The crono works fine, its been tested and its completely 100% working. He cronoed the MC-51 with this new setup and it ranged from 240 - 260fps. So I took it for a burn last weekend at the walk on and all I can say is wow. Consitantly putting rounds out to 75m+ with a nice tight grouping. It was tested with 0.20g I think and I was running with 0.30g. Yet its still shooting around 240-260fps after. So all these people thinking they need big power for big range, you dont, you just need to find the best combo. Below is what I think its currently running.

Tm MC-51
    Systema M120 gearbox (About 6 years old)
    Systema Energy high speed motor (brand new)
    (A discontinued) 6.01mm inner barrel.
    a spacer between the body and barrel?? (Ill find out exactly later on.)
    Nitro full lenth top rail and Vo Nitro foregrip
    SG1 stock
    and thats about it.

Anyone else seen found the perfect setup??

Oh forgot to mention it does hurt quite a bit even at the extreme ranges, I know this from personnal experience.
    TM MC-51 (Full Systema Energy gearbox and all the other internal fo shizzal)
    Star AW-338 Sniper Rifle
    Maruzen APS Type 96
    TM P226, Tac Master .
    WE SCAR + VFC UGL
    KSC GBB MP7, KSC USP .45 XM survive

Re: A rifles that have low FPS yet high performance/range.

My m4 casv when it was running the systema internals was running at 280ish FPS but still outperformed 350 fps rifles

however my favourite rifle for FPS to performance ratio was my old CA SCAR, it shot at about 220 FPS no joke, however it had CRAZY range and accuracy on it, never seen anything like it really, every time i used it i got tonnes of kills - this was just stock too - seems the CA hop ups are rather good
    |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Originally posted by Prev View Post
      He cronoed the MC-51 with this new setup and it ranged from 240 - 260fps. It was tested with 0.20g I think and I was running with 0.30g. Yet its still shooting around 240-260fps after.
      Have I got the wrong end of the stick or are you saying it was chrono'd doing 240-260 with a .2 then the same fps with a .3?

I'm guessing they changed the spring that comes with the M120 gearbox?

That being said my TM MC51 was very accuarte aswell.

My feed back
      http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9280

Comment

Any TM gun really. Great hop design. They all seem to have very good range and reliability and don't put out more than 300fps so perfect for any situation or site.

Comment

actually a quite side thing here leon just brought it up, once i was using 0.25s and i chronoed one of my rifles at 350 FPS, i then switched to 0.2s to chrono again and the FPS was the same, give or take 1 or 2 fps - hardly any difference at all...

anyway back to topic!
          |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Originally posted by Leon_London View Post
            Have I got the wrong end of the stick or are you saying it was chrono'd doing 240-260 with a .2 then the same fps with a .3?

I'm guessing they changed the spring that comes with the M120 gearbox?

That being said my TM MC51 was very accuarte aswell.
            Indeed same fps with two different weights.

I belive he swapped everything back to the previous systema setup bar the motor. Just very strange. As has been said by shadowcaptain were he was out performing other guns with higher FPS, this is the same. Its must just be one of tho's finds of complete mechanical/setup harmony.
            TM MC-51 (Full Systema Energy gearbox and all the other internal fo shizzal)
            Star AW-338 Sniper Rifle
            Maruzen APS Type 96
            TM P226, Tac Master .
            WE SCAR + VFC UGL
            KSC GBB MP7, KSC USP .45 XM survive

Comment

Re: Any rifles that have low FPS yet high performance/range.

I'm not being funny mate but it's not actually possible for the FPS to not change when you chrono a .2 and a .3 BB, either he changed something else in the AEG or the chrono doesn't work.

The logical physics would surely be that an object of a heavier weight can't travel as fast as an object of lesser weight when the same force is applied to both?

My feed back
              http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9280

Comment

What Leon says. You have a broken chrono or those were not different weight bbs.

Comment

TM M14-mine out of the box was only doing about 290fps but the due to the barrel length and the awesome hop on the gun it was out ranging everything on that day. I love my M14

Dan

Comment

Any rifles that have low FPS yet high performance/range.

Tokyo Marui. Any of their guns really.

Comment

when i started out softing everyone belived/told me the higher the fps the further you can shoot stirckly speeking that is true but i had a g&g top tech416 shooting 250 fps! but i had a madbull barrell and a decent hop bucking and rubber put in and it now out ranges most things havent really met many or any aegs (that doesnt include your collection keeper of secrets). ITS ALL ABOUT THE HOP UNIT!

Comment

I have an A&K SR-25.

The first time i tested it i thought it was pretty accurate... i only tested it to about 30 feet.

After that it is very inconsistant in swerves wildly left an right. i purchased a madbull tightbore and a madnull blue hop. I could not get the hop to fit in the hop unit properly so i have the original hop rubber in. Still no improvement.... it drives me insane!!

This sorta proves that the hop is probly the most important part when it comes to accuraccy.

Cheers

Comment

isn't the TM Famas the judge child of this kind of thing?

i've owned, seen and usd TM famas's, easily with 1 million rounds through them (ten year old rentals) shooting in or around 270 to 290 and still have a rate of fire and range that would put most guns to shame. they shouldn't work, it shouldn't happen, but it does.

Boris
                          K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

my old cyma thompson was firing at 280 with a snapped spring and still managed to outrange most guns at my site.

Comment

Originally posted by kommissarboris View Post
                              isn't the TM Famas the judge child of this kind of thing?

i've owned, seen and usd TM famas's, easily with 1 million rounds through them (ten year old rentals) shooting in or around 270 to 290 and still have a rate of fire and range that would put most guns to shame. they shouldn't work, it shouldn't happen, but it does.

Boris
                              agreed the TM famas is one beastly gun , the ROF is amazing and the accuracy is dead on even at 30/40m

its also comfy, and nigh on indestructible - and its cool (well some hate it because of the french stigma but frankly its a sweet rifle)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Prev Find out more about Prev
                              Working...
                              X