Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is British DPM good or bad?

Originally posted by Darkdamacus View Post
    Thanks for the help guys, ecspecially those MTP photos. So I guess then MTP is the way to go, maybe this is off topic but does anyone know where I can get some MTP? I thought the MOD made it illegal for suppliers to sell it to the public.
    thats total bs mate ebay is your best bet

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJC21 View Post
      China phoned, they want their wall back.
      Bit late bro, I already told that one.

Disruptive camouflage works best at disrupting the body's shape when viewed on a digital application (such as on a tank or APC, even night sights). Obviously this is wasted on soviet armed farmers who really don't care what they shoot at. UCP works fantastically at night, in the trials it performed best in that situation, as well as in mountains. But otherwise, it's fairly poor. As some one highlighted previously, it is the colour rather than the pattern. CADPAT and MARPAT work really well (first hand experience ninja'ing people in these uniforms).

DPM is designed for dense German woodland in the 1980's, in preparation for a possible soviet shit fest. Obviously never happened. Unfortunately this niche design doesn't fit everywhere, unless you're in dense woodland. Can't say much about the desert variation, only those who wear it at airsoft stick out like a saw thumb to me.

Comment

Brit dpm is great, it worked for our armed forces for nigh on 30 years.... as airsofters i think its more about what you like and can afford that dictates how good it is in the communities eyes. Myself and my "team" use ddpm and we can hide probably just as well as someone in mtp or a woodland alternative. Even if we couldnt we like it feel comfy and spend most of our time running round like extras fron the expendables lol

Comment

Originally posted by Darkdamacus View Post
          Thanks for the help guys, ecspecially those MTP photos. So I guess then MTP is the way to go, maybe this is off topic but does anyone know where I can get some MTP? I thought the MOD made it illegal for suppliers to sell it to the public.
          Regardles of any supposed restrictions, it's available just about everywhere mate, including High St surplus shops.
          "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Darkdamacus Find out more about Darkdamacus
          Working...
          X