X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• airsoft sniper cup

i read recently that there is an airsoft sniper cup
    but google isnt being all that helpful.

does anyone know about a sniper cup in this country?

cheers
    mac
    Originally posted by Coz
    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Re: airsoft sniper cup

not heard of it but with airsoft snipers it would be pretty useless. Unless the had a standard gun for everyone to use it wont work as some people have different set ups so as far cs competition for shooting accuracy it depends too much on the rifle and not enough on the shooter. Be a good idea though.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

don't know - would be pretty good fun imo.

ive been in one or two air rifle competitions and they can be a good laugh.

here is the only thing i found on google
      http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums...up-2008-a-668/
      Originally posted by Coz

Comment

i don't think you would need a standard gun.

they don't use a standard car in f1 do they? - its all about how they company tunes the car.

it would be the same with an airsoft rifle - if each shooter customised it to his/her liking they would know how to get the best out of it.
        mac
        Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Lets say they have a budget of £500, for a rifle + upgrades, that would be good

Comment

or an all on all snipers match last man standing
            PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

well no , a standard sniper rifle will be the best ,

just for the fact if people used there own gear , you may have a CAD designer , making own parts for the internals , or really rich guys , maxing out the rifles ,

so the players use a bog standard rifle , and use there own ammo from a fix distance

Comment

i love this idea.
                would be really cool as well to do the stalking sniper exam that the brits developed years ago, starting from a map reference, move without being noticed (of course!!) to an ideal position and take 2 shots at a target near a spotter looking for the sniper.

Could be part of a multi event competition, whats interesting is that im sure if this was done properly, sponsorship would come from the major suppliers of sniper weapons, turning it into an international event..... oh hang on im getting rather ahead of myself now, but hey if you dont dream it, they wont come

http://media.photobucket.com/image/s...ics173.jpg?o=8
                sigpic
                www.wix.com/srosefx/simonrosefx -special fx+ design
                www.simonrosemakeup.weebly.com - CAD airsoft

Comment

that system/ exam , Was the exclusive part of the british Sniper CADRE , but then they have mixed it into the basic training for on one of the first few excersises you go on when leaning bush and fieldcraft ,

Comment

Some sites do run sniper classes, one in Nottinghamshire doing it. Also you could have the old way the USMC do it with scout snipers, all snipers in a field in their ghillie suits, one walks around, if you are spotted from more than a couple of meters away your out. There are reports of some scout sniper trainees being stepped on by instructors a few times.

Comment

i have read alot about this, and it seems to me that the british training is much more well rounded, and tends to look back on very old snipering techniques esp the non prone positions, altering the body shape profile

Having said this, i have not been trained nor do have any experience, professionally in sniper tech so dont listen to my dribble, i met some brit snipers of the rifles last year on a 70 mile project65.net marathon i took part in on the d day celebrations in France and they are real experts, and i admire them tremendously, (they made me an honorary member of their unit, for stupidly running the miles in period para gear) to which im very proud.
                      sigpic
                      www.wix.com/srosefx/simonrosefx -special fx+ design
                      www.simonrosemakeup.weebly.com - CAD airsoft

Comment

Yup shooting position training is fun, I have done it with guard sniper, we have possibly been in some of the most awkward positions between us possible, Crouched under the root of a tree that had earth fallen away from it and shooting practically lay down with the barrel resting on my foot and laying flat out, still some how by some short miracle got a hit.

Comment

haha rich , its all from my training , thought id pass a few tips down to you C-squad mate and all , :p

and yes the tree was very awkward to shoot from , but man what a shot from my improve stance though ,

Comment

I get in those positions every friday night:D
                            Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Yup the sexual innuendos never cease in airsoft do they? Always an innuendo in there somewhere.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
                              Working...
                              X