How long does it take you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does it take you?

After recently purchasing lots of new gear it got me thinking oh crap where do i start?!
    How long does it take you to mag up ready for a days airsoft?

I remember once upon a time i got up got dressed and just went, now its charge this, fill that, check that this and this, have i got that? Im missing something! Ohhhhhh!

And me being a forgetful type its not easy! :D
    Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Re: How long does it take you?

Stick all your airsoft gear in the car and you can worry about what to use when you get there
    Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
    Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

Charging AEGs was a PITA especially as 99% of the time it was last minute.

but for me getting ready will consist of 5 steps, now that I have a lot more pressing matters medical wise i make my gear a bit more.."simple" and fun orientated rather than OMFG I HAZ SHOOT 200000 METERS!

1. Prepare mini recon molle bag with necessary medical gear i need to carry, water, bbs and gas
      2. Gas up 3 maruzen MP5K magazines
      3. Gas up Single action army
      4. Load the 3 magazines and the SAA and make sure speedloader is full
      5. Strap on back, strap on holster, sling round mp5k

...done

Comment

Takes me about an hour, without batteries or food.

^Not to be read out of context...
        Originally posted by Walter Gropius
        If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

A whole night, to get my kit in the wash, then dried, and then I make sure everything is tied down in place, load mags.

The reason I stay up all night? So I can catch the first train on a Sunday, otherwise, I wouldn't get up and out the door in time for said train.
          Rocking out... With my Heckler & Koch out...!

Legion 412

Comment

About an hour, if that. Im constantly tinkering with my kit, so its usually in a state of readiness. While batteries charge i load mags and check gear. Usually gets done the night before so i get extra time in bed.
            AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

I'm playing Saturday, and got stuff ready tonight haha
              If you ain't first, your last!

Comment

You guys load up the mags the night before? I would be worried about all the springs going!
                It usually takes me about 8 hours for all the batteries to charge. Then chuck everything in my gigantic bag and that's it!
                CURRENTLY SELLING ALL AIRSOFT GEAR IN THE NEXT MONTH

Comment

my bag is always ready to go just need to grab a battery and am out the door
                  sigpic
                  Take Your Hit

Comment

8 Hours?! Are you simply carrying 20 batteries? Or charging them with a hand wound charger? Mental... Mine takes an hour and a half if that.

And yes, night before. PTW springs actually benefit a little from it.
                    AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

I have 6 batteries (me and my two sons) and like to recharge them then recharge them to get the best possible fill and it's more healthier for them. I only have 2 lipos and1600mah Nimh batteries so might not last the whole day
                      CURRENTLY SELLING ALL AIRSOFT GEAR IN THE NEXT MONTH

Comment

What I do is that I charge batteries the night before, and get the clothes that I'm going to wear ready. Everything else that you will need for your skirmish I put in a bag. If you have a Molle vest, I put all the pouches and stuff on it the night before as well. When I get to the site all I have to do is mag up, batteries in, put any attachments on the gun (if needed) and done. At the site it takes me about 10-15 minutes. But getting all the stuff ready the night before about 30 mintes

Comment

meh 30 mins? i watch tv or whatever while the battery is charging (takes all of an hour and a bit) its a 3300mAh 9.6v, and it lasts me in excess of 3 days of airsoft.
                          8 120rnd midcaps, 4 Tm1911 mags, maybe 2 g36 hicaps, maybe 3 warrior l96 mags. take gun(s) off wall and place into bag(s). throw various tools, gas, bbs and mags into a backpack. done.
                          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Don't worry about the springs, they can handle a milsim weekender event, so a few hours won't hurt them at all!! :-)
                            Rocking out... With my Heckler & Koch out...!

Legion 412

Comment

Does anyone practice stuff at home? I'm thinking like moving and shooting drills or switching your aeg to your back/sling and drawing your pistol, there's actually a real form to drawing from a belt or leg holster to be efficient.

I used to play ice hockey as a kid and would always forget stuff so whenever I do anything i always worry ill leave something important behind.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

NEWT Find out more about NEWT
                              Working...
                              X