How long does it take you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How long does it take you?

I've found that the trick to keeping things quick before a game is what you do after the previous game. I used to just chuck my clothes in the wash and dump everything else in a pile, but now I take the time to put things where I want them to be for the next game. Clean the guns, empty the mags and charge the lipos.

Next game, just top-off the lipos and leave the clothes out ready for the morning (if I don't leave home by 4:30am I'm going to be late for a 10am start). Boxes in the car (including the gun case - just make sure the alarm is set, the boot cover is over and the car's backed right up hard to the garage door), food box (a decent selection of snacks, lunch and drinks from lidl for less than the price of a couple of burgers from the site van) is either in the car (in cold weather) or by the door to remind me to get the last bits out of the fridge.

Set the alarm for as quiet as I can manage (if the wife's not playing as well), then in the morning sneak out of bed and get dressed in the kitchen while the espresso machine warms up. A couple of double espressos in a travel mug, food into the car, and I'm out of the door within 20-30 imns of the alarm going off at 4am. Quiet as I can getting into the car and out of the drive, then a 4 - 4 1/2 hour drive to site.

On arrival, bombing-up 8 midcaps takes about 10 minutes, then top off the speedloaders, batteries in and have a good natter with everyone I know.
    sigpic

Comment

I think i'd quit if I had to drive more than 3 hours to my "local" site. And I thought I had it bad with an hour drive
      For Sale
      Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

Originally posted by Vex View Post
        I think i'd quit if I had to drive more than 3 hours to my "local" site. And I thought I had it bad with an hour drive
        The really fu*king annoying thing is that I lived smack between of a handful of sites, but moved here just before I started playing

Not to mention, 4 - 4 1/2 hours is getting there in the morning with naff-all traffic. Getting home is anywhere between 5 and 6 hours. I've never had a game that's lasted longer than the travel time!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Caveira View Post
          The really fu*king annoying thing is that I lived smack between of a handful of sites, but moved here just before I started playing

Not to mention, 4 - 4 1/2 hours is getting there in the morning with naff-all traffic. Getting home is anywhere between 5 and 6 hours. I've never had a game that's lasted longer than the travel time!
          Move back
          For Sale
          Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

Originally posted by Vex View Post
            Move back
            Tempting, very tempting.

Then again; I've got an OK job, she's got a great job and we've got a 5 bed detatched overlooking the countryside for the price of a 3 bed semi where we lived before. Not even saving time to the airport for her regular trips back home to Portugal is enough to swing that one, let alone just to save some travelling time to a skirmish!
            sigpic

Comment

My lack of organization is legendary, (comes with the job) I procrastinate all week, when i've got all the time in the world, then run around like a headless chicken at 6am on game day, throwing things in and out of the bag as I change my mind on what to take, shouting, to my sleeping wife, "where's this, where's that" then make myself late, by spending an hour, trying to decide what guns to take....lol
              "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Caveira, where do you live? Surely there's a skirmish site closer than 4.5 hours away.

Comment

Originally posted by Somnophore View Post
                  Caveira, where do you live? Surely there's a skirmish site closer than 4.5 hours away.
                  A couple, but I don't like some of the regulars at one and the site itself at the other. I'd rather have a long drive to somewhere I enjoy than a shorter drive (still 2 1/2 hours) to somewhere I don't like.
                  sigpic

Comment

Where abouts is it you live?

Comment

I normally get everything ready the night before, even lay out my contact lenses out either side of a mirrow so I know what eye to put them in when im only half awake. Usually im out of the door 30 mins after getting up. I also take two of everything incase something breaks or someone forgets something, though that still didn't help when I forgot to take BB's with me and no extra cash to buy any last year!

Comment

Far arse end of South West Wales - just keep going till the next thing you see is the Irish sea! It's an hour and a bit before I even reach the M4.
                        sigpic

Comment

Bit of a pain in the backside, still would have thought there would be more than 2 sites less than 4 hours drive

Comment

Originally posted by Caveira View Post
                            A couple, but I don't like some of the regulars at one and the site itself at the other. I'd rather have a long drive to somewhere I enjoy than a shorter drive (still 2 1/2 hours) to somewhere I don't like.
                            My site is a 5min walk away lol (not rubbing it in honestly )
                            sigpic
                            Take Your Hit

Comment

Originally posted by javaoverride View Post
                              My site is a 5min walk away lol (not rubbing it in honestly )
                              Up yours
                              sigpic

Comment

Why don't you come up to us at Pathfinder in Neath Cav', great "private" site and great bunch of boys, you'd be most welcome and it's only about an hour and a half from you..next game's Feb 10.
                                "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

NEWT Find out more about NEWT
                                Working...
                                X