• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Disastrous day of modifying guns

Originally posted by Coz View Post
    I had a bad day yesterday

I had 2 guns to build from scratch

The Magpul grips(Base plate) push the motors too far into the gearbox so they wont turn over at all

And the cheap metal body i bought for the one gun wont let the GB sit properly so the pistol grip wont fit on flush and the mag release wont work.

I now have to get a new receiver and apparently magpul reinforced metal heat sink motor plates solve the motor problem
    you have to kind of push and bend the wires out of the way for the base plate to sit properly, or you could file it down a bit or possily file a channel for the wire to go through.
    For Sale
    Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

Originally posted by Vex View Post
      you have to kind of push and bend the wires out of the way for the base plate to sit properly, or you could file it down a bit or possily file a channel for the wire to go through.
      Too much hassle, i will just get the one that is drop in, i definitely need a new body though I have my eye on a G&P or a madbul one.

This is what it will look like when I'm done, minus the OD specter sight.
      (Its my modernized version of a Canadian c7a2)

Comment

Midas your swiss cheese pistons give me a hard on.
        'It shockingly outranges many m16's and ak's. I have taped both mags together for added firepower and reliablity.'

Comment

Erm..... I am stuck for words... That doesn't happen often, but not sure I want to be responsible for giving men hard ons...lol.
          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

I'll do work easily on barrels, hops etc but gearboxes are more of a hassle to say the least. So far only done one spring change on a G&P M4, and well it worked afterwards for the first game day, but the next one it made an awful grinding gear noise, so I'll be opening that up again this weekend hopefully.

Comment

I just aquired a CA gearbox from these very forums in order to learn how to take it apart ! bring on the weekend!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CacklingHawk Be strong, be fast, don't be too serious Find out more about CacklingHawk
              Working...
              X