Collapse

Using flags to announce when your hit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Using flags to announce when your hit.

This whole thread has given me the idea of wearing a tenugui when I get hit (or for brave charging against delta... infact, make that only for charging against delta.)
    $(KGrHqV,!qUFBhsRf)tFBQc,i3H!Gg~~60_12.JPG
    Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
    Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

It have stopped those players in another thread on here from cheating. I dont know why it hasnt been introduced here but i'd probably get shit for being the only one putting one on my head after a hit.
      For Sale
      Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

It is a neat idea.

However it is another thing for people to bring and another thing for them to forget, which means many sites don't bother with it.

Some players do use flags and small bits of cloth to show they are out, but that is often just personal preference.

Remember airsoft like all hobbies has some people that are not very forward thinking or bright, after they get through packing all their kit will they remember the little bit of cloth to show they are out? Or will they even remember to pull it out in game and wave it about ?

I tried it but found that it makes little to no difference, idiot players will still keep firing and people will still cheat a way around it.

'FireKnife'
        68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
        Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by jssmitty96 View Post
          ive played in the usa and its pretty much an unofficial airsoft law if you dont have oen you will get sh*t for it....you also will if your not wearing a face mask or something ove your teeth...everywhere iwent i got a massive amoutn of abuse for not haveing face mask just glasses and people calling me allsorts
          I'm guessing the facemask thing is because there are no FPS limits in the US and most people's guns run at about 400.

Comment

I rememver back in the day urban had yellow gun socks.
            Trouble is not the announcement its the pumped on adrenaline tigger junkies who jump at every shadow.
            Ive seen it happen and on occasion ive done it aswell. My bad -.-
            One of my pet hates is being hosed by people when walking back to spawn. And its always hosed....never a single shot. Id probably care less for a double tap than i would 30 rps during a slow unarmed walk.

I say this rule needs to be brought in.
            Uksf loadout

TM 417 recoil.
            Custom built L119A1
            WE P228

Comment

Originally posted by CacklingHawk View Post
              I'm guessing the facemask thing is because there are no FPS limits in the US and most people's guns run at about 400.
              There are still limits mate most sights do 400 outdoor for aeg's 350 for cqb although they had a 450 limit for support weapons... Bit stupid... snipers was 600 but its not the bb's that cause pain its the snakes alligators and ants in Florida you want to worry about!! Nothing worse than diveing into the Long grass for cover and lying face to face with an alligator!

Comment

If anything this system would strongly discourage, if not outright eradicate, the unsportsmanlike practice of of certain tosspot players who attempt to "play dead" by walking around casually without acting overly aggressive in order to get people by surprise. To prevent this, I have since undertaken a no-tolerance policy of lighting up anyone who isn't on my team and doesn't have their hand up. No questions, no "You dead buddy?". Just BBs. Too many times has someone asked that question in goodwill, only to be lit up instantly.

Comment

The French have had a system like this to stop them getting shot for years.

Seriously though its a good idea, but as most have said people will just loose them or not bother to bring one in the first place, Sites who hand them out are not likely to get them back.

I just walk back waving my hands around and off my gun completely (Or one handed if the gun is hefty)or pistol holstered. The occasional shout of dead man walking also helps especially in a CQB environment or when you are approaching an area with people still playing

Comment

The site I played at had the used the team arm bands!!

was a great idea in my mind!
                    FOR SALE
                    7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                    , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Once it would be a site rule, 'a dead player will have a red rag, if they have their hand up consider this not dead' and gave people a months notice I bet they wouldn't forget, especially after being lit up.
                      For Sale
                      Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

One this that really anoys me is getting showered with BB's whilst walking with your arm up, there is no need for it and really really pee's me off

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Coski Find out more about Coski
                        Working...
                        X