Are 0.25g BBs better than the 0.20g?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: are 0.25g BBs better than the 020g?

But always keep some 0.2g's as a lot of sites crono with them.

Comment

I've switched to .25's now as it's a average of range and accuracy.
      But I'm still using up .20's - especially now in the shotty, where range and accuracy isn't it's strong point.

Oh and .30's in my VSR G-Spec.

Comment

with the correct hop, a .25 should go for longer than a .2 with the correct hop in the same powered gun

Comment

i use 0.25's and their way better than .2's, you get much better groupings and a much better chance of hitting your target!
          ILFOR
          International . London . Forces

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10745

Comment

I found that 0.25 bbs don't feed as well in my mid/low caps. I use both ICS 0.2 and 0.25's and the 0.20s feed flawlessly whereas there are some problems with the 0.25s. Not sure if that's quality of the bb or the weight difference, maybe because they are heavy it takes more effort for the spring to push them up? When I say problems I mean the mag isn't feeding fast enough.

Comment

Re: Are 0.25g BBs better than the 0.20g?

Depends what your using it in imo. If your totting a minimi round with a box mag, go for the .2g. With the amount of ammo your going to be spraying, .05g wont make much of a difference. Saying that, using .30g in a sniper rifle firing at 500fps with a correct set-up and your probably going to get a better shot that with .25g.
              Im running .23 in my 405 (M14 firing at 405fps with semi locked off), properly adjusted hop and sights. I got a hit at about 90m across a windy valley (Fort at charlie across to the woods on the otherside the dip).
              Saying that, i use .20 in my m15, mainly because yes they arent as accurate, but i get more distance. Why bother about accuracy in a full auto weapon? Its airsoft, they arent going to be 100% accurate to begin with. Id rather put a 10 round burst over to somebody and have the extra range.
              Plus theres the price difference, especially during this period in the market, where everything is going up in price.
              It basically depends what your going to use it for, and if your gun is set up correctly for the weight your using.

Comment

Originally posted by hoggy21 View Post
                depends What Your Using It In Imo. If Your Totting A Minimi Round With A Box Mag, Go For The .2g. With The Amount Of Ammo Your Going To Be Spraying, .05g Wont Make Much Of A Difference. Saying That, Using .30g In A Sniper Rifle Firing At 500fps With A Correct Set-up And Your Probably Going To Get A Better Shot That With .25g.
                Im Running .23 In My 405 (m14 Firing At 405fps With Semi Locked Off), Properly Adjusted Hop And Sights. I Got A Hit At About 90m Across A Windy Valley (fort At Charlie Across To The Woods On The Otherside The Dip).
                Saying That, I Use .20 In My M15, Mainly Because Yes They Arent As Accurate, But I Get More Distance. Why Bother About Accuracy In A Full Auto Weapon? Its Airsoft, They Arent Going To Be 100% Accurate To Begin With. Id Rather Put A 10 Round Burst Over To Somebody And Have The Extra Range.
                Plus Theres The Price Difference, Especially During This Period In The Market, Where Everything Is Going Up In Price.
                It Basically Depends What Your Going To Use It For, And If Your Gun Is Set Up Correctly For The Weight Your Using.
                Good One
                Always BEANS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hoggy21 View Post
                  Saying that, i use .20 in my m15, mainly because yes they arent as accurate, but i get more distance. Why bother about accuracy in a full auto weapon? Its airsoft, they arent going to be 100% accurate to begin with. Id rather put a 10 round burst over to somebody and have the extra range.
                  .25s go further.

A while back now I did a little bit of work on a CA M15 which had absolutely nowhere near the intended result - 280fps with .2s, 265 with .25s. Despite this I managed to fire .25s out of it as far as my friend's 350fps M14 was firing .2s.

Needless to say, he promptly switched to .25s and has never looked back.
                  /9 out.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

nabil Find out more about nabil
                  Working...
                  X