Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: is this legal?

Originally posted by T180985 View Post
    Just found a UK based company that said they would call and ask the site so will order via them I think
    That is what I had done and it was fine (as long as your site picks up the phone of course)

Comment

Originally posted by pmac(BT) View Post
      you DONT need ukara to buy from abroad.
      uk reatilers have mislead *** **** into beleaving this,now they wont ship to the uk without you supllying this is beleive.(i havnt bought from them recently,but noticed they ask for ukara no. on the details page if you select the uk.)
      BUT *** **** and customs, CANT even check if the no. you give is real or fake.
      you can buy rifs if you can give proof that your a skirmisher(skirmishers diary,site owner verification,ect)ukara isnt the be all and end all,infact its totaly flawed in this respect.
      Just ordered from HK and unless your UKARA number is on the box (inside and out) customs will just hold it for ages. They then write to you and require your proof of UKARA registration. A site letter or regular skirmishing info is not good enough. If it cannot be produced the goods will either be destroyed or sent back and the retailer you bought it from with charge anything upto 25% of the purchase price for return fees and then refund the rest.

I have had several conversations with customs, parcelforce worldwide and the retailer about this.

I am obviously only saying from my own experience and what customs have told me.

Hope it helps

Steve
      Originally posted by -=256=-Swerve

while it still exists, it's secrets time! I secretly enjoy wearing silk lingerie. ok who's next?

Comment

I got my uka dorm sent to lwa,they put me on database as soon as they get my form.maybe I bough something from them,that's why it was so quick
        I will shoot you all.

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
          Also, you won't be on the UKARA database until a UK retailer has received your form and processed it (in other words, once you've bought a RIF in the UK).
          That's how I was advised to do it - send off my form to the retailer when I made my first purchase, and i would be added to the database. Once that's done then you're on there and free to import.

One thing though, I'm not even sure that customs have access to the database to check, they just accept the number as being proof - although perhaps someone can check on that and correct me if I'm wrong.

I managed to get my Celcius through customs by sending a letter from my site confirming that I had site membership and a membership number.
          WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

I'm sure I read somewhere that customs do have access to the database.
            sigpic

Comment

Whether or not they do, they didn't hold up the rifle I bought from Hong Kong in the past week, which had my UKARA number on the paperwork...

Comment

thanks for all the info guys, managed to get the SCAR ordered from a UK company so hopefully it all goes ok, better do anyway as i also ordered another 4 mags from Zero1 and a load of gas cans aswell
                thinks maybe he should go with the heard

Comment

Having it come through Customs is tricky even if you are UKARA registered sometimes customs takes the gun apart to make sure its not the real thin and then just send you the pieces its happened to my mate

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

T180985 Find out more about T180985
                  Working...
                  X