Your favourite M4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your favourite M4

Years ago VFC did have internal issues, including plastic bushings, but for a long time now they've offered very good gearboxes and internals in general.

I'd like to here some more evidence on why their internals are no good from anyone with recent experience.
    Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
    Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

Can't vote, Dboys isn't on it...

Comment

I guess my favourite M4, would be my custom project MGS4 M4 Custom, and it's nearly finished accessory-wise!
        Rocking out... With my Heckler & Koch out...!

Legion 412

Comment

Nor is JG.....

Comment

Dytac and G&P are not the same company. G&P are the OEM for some of Dytac's parts - however, the moulds used are Dytacs own ones, not the ones that G&P use for their own products.

@dave38x

Having just installed a Dytac URX 3.1 onto a VFC receiver this afternoon, I have to say that the thread dimensions suck. TM (metric) receiver compatible thread? Yeah, with more slop in it than a 60 year old whore's [censored]. Same problem with the supposedly real-steel (Imperial) specific threaded URX 3.1 that I put onto a WE M4 a few weeks ago. As to their copies of the ADM mounts? I have two that just fell to pieces. Their copy of the Gen II KAC T1 mount? The steel rod that the throw lever attaches to is so badly machined that the throw lever just pulls through the end of it. Their URX 3.1/III tool? Soft steel that bends at the slightest hint of hard work (the Iron Airsoft one and Viper Tech ones is MUCH better!). And that's just a small selection of my experiences with Dytac stuff.

Comment

Heinz - I've only played with their Invader range, all of which are lovely. The invader barrel nut was way loose on ICS/Marui receivers (that I tried it on) but went really well on their own body, and while the rail system itself is machined from aluminium it has stainless helicoil inserts to allow you to tighten those tiny m4 nuts down ridiculously hard, something I was not expecting to see on a cheaper end airsoft product!

I was thinking about getting one of their URX 3 rails, I'll just give it a miss now I think though!
              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by Mango View Post
                then theres a systema tw5

heavy for how small it is :P
                Real Sword SVD, because that 8kg steel lump turns boys into men.
                Using a KWA M4 is like heaven in comparison, atleast with the M4 you're not holding it upto your face for long periods of time.

Comment

VFC are externally beautiful - and speaking from experience, pretty good on the inside. TM however are the complete package

G+P have been catching my eye a lot lately and even some of the newer range ICS seem pretty solid

Comment

I admit i am a sucker for an M4, always have been, and ive owned a few different types both AEG and GBB but even though its not the most expensive gun out there, i love my Deepfire M4. Its accurate as hell, the FPS is good and the bodywork and internals are solid.

Dont get me wrong, id love a TM or a Systema if i had the money, but as budget weapons go, this is a winner for people who dont have a ton of cash to mess around with
                    Damn Brad, what else you got hidden in the humvee - a fat chick?

Comment

i went for a G&G TR418 and its build quality and internals are superb... the toptech range is great!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

perry.L Find out more about perry.L
                      Working...
                      X