203 kill query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 203 kill query

M203 = Shotgun in my eyes. Unless you fire an actual Pyro out of one of course... I used to fire pyro from mine into rooms and second story windows with no issue, it's no harder than one being thrown by hand.
    King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
    https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
    www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Though I am not sure what the rules are when you launch a small one of these are from it:

Though the last time I saw it happen the guy it hit did take it.

'FireKnife'
      68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
      Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

my understanding is it varies from site to site, some allow you to mortar it upwards, others say direct (and remember minimum engagement distance) only. First and only embassy say if one goes off into a room everybody within that room is considered hit by a pyro (ie no medic).

------Mods ----------------------------- Members

Comment

i suppose that counteracts the lack of the VTG, every site i play treat it as is. it fires BBs thus only hits from the BBs count.
          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

This debate always puzzled me.

I once had a Tornado impact grenade, no f***er ever took the hits even in an enclosed space because the BB never actually hit them, so I binned it off.

Then you have the likes of BFGs and VTGs that have no projectiles but clear a room without argument.
            Yet to my knowledge BFGs and the likes were originally made as distraction devices like flashbangs to disorientate the enemy for just long enough for you to slot them.

Pea grenades, have projectiles but clear rooms and at my site a 3m radius as BFGs do, regardless of a hit from one of the peas or not.

The same applies to Thunderflash type pyro, 3m kill radius or room cleared.

GO FIGURE

I suppose you just have to ask during your sites briefing while everyone is listening, that way whatever the site owners rules, everyone hears it and should take note.

Comment

I have never quite got how a Thunderflash is not considered a grenade when a BFG is?

They both go bang and both don't release a projectile. Yet one does work as a grenade?

I mean dried pea grenades, let face it they never really propel the dried peas anywhere but count the same as a BFG going off too.

So surely the easiest is to say if it goes bang, loudly, it is a grenade and all have the same rules? Same for Thermobarics, if you are caught in the bangs then that is a hit, the smoke just covers the advance of players from the now removed enemy to friendlies.

'FireKnife'
              68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
              Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

a quick look on wikipedia has infomred me that m203's have a buckshot shell. based on this is it not a good idea to treat out shells in the same way they do?

if you put in a shell containing a load of bb's, then you have youself a buckshot shell, if you in a shell that can propell pyro (or something representing pyro), then you have High Explosive round.

players dont tend to dicus how the pyro entered the room they are in after the resulting explosion, they just take the hit.

so agian it comes down to your site and what they allow. if during the morning briefe they tell you that a bb hit is a bb hit, regardless of how it hit you, then your m203 is a big shotgun.
                if they say m203 can be used to propel pyro into rooms, then you have yourslef some explosive rounds to use.
                if they say the only thing you can shove down tha tpipe other than bb's if a nerf rocket, then players should know that when the nerf rocket bounces of their head, they and everyone in the room is dead.
                For Sale!
                TM M870 with a load of stuff
                A&K massada sniper spec
                Chronograph
                leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Exactly as above. As was illustrated by FK earlier about 40mm buckshot shells (which i knew existed before and thought was pretty common knowledge.)
                  If it goes boom it goes boom.
                  If it sprays it sprays

Not sure on the nerfs though, id take them as single hit kills.

Comment

Ditto with Jonny on the Nerfs, just drop a pea grenade in with some packing between it and the shell (cotton wool) and fire that out
                    www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Its not really worth it though. Seeing as you can throw pyro further than a 203 shell, AND thats one less shell you could have to use on the enemy. We used to use mine to mortar smoke in, but it was really very ineffective when you can lob em twice the distance

/edit: Although it does look incredibly cool.
                      Last edited by jonny lovegrove; 22 April, 2013, 17:23.

Comment

Me and a friend experimented in launching smokes using one of those gas baton round launcher set ups. We got it to go pretty damn far when we improved the air seal around the smoke. Potentially great for putting over and behind stuff!
                        Zeroin - Come for the airsoft. Stay for the trolling.

Comment

A wrap of cling film smeared with a bit of grease works great as an o ring
                          Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express Pro
                          www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Well I know what the rules for these at Skirmish Mansfield are (bbs hit you, your dead), but apparently the guy who popped a corner 2m in front of me before I shot him with it didn't when he didnt take the hit!
                            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mister Zsasz Find out more about Mister Zsasz
                            Working...
                            X