Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Suspected scammer.

I do agree with Trouble.

Sometimes it's pretty obvious who's a scammer by the way they present the sale, however I have been on here for a while and know what to look out for. I have indeed been caught out in the past though and a newbie on here wouldn't stand a chance.

I do feel its the responsibility of the mods to come down on any hint of scamming on here as soon as possible though (especially if its as obvious as it seems: i.e "0" feedback, badly written advert, selling on initial day of joining, no pics, mistakes in product description, wrong category etc.) Otherwise this forum simply cant be seen as trustworthy/safe haven for airsofters to trade.

What's the worst that can happen? Someone's post is removed by a moderator. If the scammer is as genuine seller after all - they'd be sure to complain and appeal.

It's the chancers we need to wipe out, and anything the forum can do to police this ASAP the better.

Comment

tbh, not wanting to have you come to their house isnt an excuse, some of us have lots of gear etc, and i do sit and think sometimes that you are inviting god knows who over, and more often than not, telling them when you are and arent home....
      Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

So let me get this straight? You want to report to moderators that you have a) given no money over b) not agreed to a sale and c) the guy wanted to post instead of you going to his house.

Seriously, Come back when its someone who has taken your money and not posted an item out 3 weeks later. You are whining because you haven't got what you wanted.

Ever thought the user may only use the forum for sales and has in fact sold the items on other forums? Ever thought he may work all hours god send and not want people turning up at his house to collect stuff?

Honestly, nothing can be done because nothing is wrong, stop with the scaremongering because the person hasn't replied and look for the thing you want on other threads. This isn't a store, you can't guarantee what is and isn't sold at the time of PM, you won't always get a reply, the guy may just disappear for a few days because they have other commitments.

Stop making a drama out of nothing!

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Originally posted by aribos View Post
          So let me get this straight? You want to report to moderators that you have a) given no money over b) not agreed to a sale and c) the guy wanted to post instead of you going to his house.

Seriously, Come back when its someone who has taken your money and not posted an item out 3 weeks later. You are whining because you haven't got what you wanted.

Ever thought the user may only use the forum for sales and has in fact sold the items on other forums? Ever thought he may work all hours god send and not want people turning up at his house to collect stuff?

Honestly, nothing can be done because nothing is wrong, stop with the scaremongering because the person hasn't replied and look for the thing you want on other threads. This isn't a store, you can't guarantee what is and isn't sold at the time of PM, you won't always get a reply, the guy may just disappear for a few days because they have other commitments.

Stop making a drama out of nothing!
          You should meet my Auntie Maureen, you'd get along like a house on fire.
          “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

This escalated quickly. Trouble, I see what you were doing and commend you're concern for other forum members.
            sigpic

Comment

I think the issue raised is whether a post looks like a blatant scammer and at what point does it gets investigated and pulled.

Is it best to preempt a 90% 'potential' scam advert (protecting our existing user base as much as possible)

or...

... give the benefit of the doubt and wait for someone to be ripped off.

i definitely think the former.

Comment

Agreed.
                sigpic

Comment

I understand if someone doesnt want someone to collect something from their home. As said above, you could be inviting anyone, as well as the fact that the missus may not be happy with it.

However, that doesn't stop someone from meeting somewhere public nearby. Thats the compromise that I offer if someone wishes to collect from my home.

Comment

Originally posted by Coski View Post
                    that doesn't stop someone from meeting somewhere public nearby.
                    oh yeah thats good, two people meeting in an alley,money changing hands along with a gun.....not suspicious at all......lol
                    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
                      oh yeah thats good, two people meeting in an alley,money changing hands along with a gun.....not suspicious at all......lol
                      As long as you're discrete and dont go waving the gun about wherever you are its fine lol. Even if it does look suspicious theres nothing illegal about it :P.

Comment

I personally wouldn't want anyone coming to my flat mainly due to the twats who live in the block and not wanting them to know my buisness but as Coski has said I'd offer the chance to meet at a public place or if really near offer to deliver

Comment

if the meeting is in a public place the buyer cannot check the item as a rif has to remain fully covered no part of it is allowed to be on show so viewing it in public will look suspicious and is in fact illegal.
                          sigpic
                          Take Your Hit

Comment

Originally posted by javaoverride View Post
                            if the meeting is in a public place the buyer cannot check the item as a rif has to remain fully covered no part of it is allowed to be on show so viewing it in public will look suspicious and is in fact illegal.
                            As long as the gun remains in the bag inside the car, the buyer can still discretely view it.

Comment

A gun in an open bag in the back of a car... what possibly could go wrong?!

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                                A gun in an open bag in the back of a car... what possibly could go wrong?!
                                When you put it like that.....

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Trouble Find out more about Trouble
                                Working...
                                X