Playing anywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Playing anywhere

Is it that isolated? What about ramblers? dog walkers? some poor sod that got lost? pikeys on the nick?
    Originally posted by palmer234
    Swerve talks sense. I like him.
    Originally posted by Robin-Hood
    Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

Let's resurrect this thread...

Playing at the new Chelmsford site at the weekend, there is a river along one side of the site, about 5-7 meters wide, not much more. There is a cycle path the other side, runners, dog walkers etc use it. I live just around the corner and walk my dog down that path.

It's obvious how much damage being shot in the eye by a BB could do, but I don't think it's any different to the most dangerous sport in the world... golf. More deaths on or around golf courses than any other sport (I read that on the internet so it must be true).

The reason we have safe zones in airsoft is in case people are repairing, adjusting etc and their weapon accidentally discharges. In play when the user knows their gun is loaded they are not going to pull the trigger if they see a dog walker in their sights.

In my opinion, it's best not to get too hung up on the danger element of airsoft, it's less dangerous than golf, or even cricket. I live next to a cricket pitch and there are always balls flying into my garden. If an airsofter sees a jogger in the sights of their gun they won't pull the trigger, same as a golfer won't hit a ball if they know someone is in the way.

The main consideration is the imitation fire arm element and the distress that can cause and the potential waste of police time. That's 99% of what needs to be considered when playing near a public place, in my opinion as someone who plays near public footpaths on a friends piece of land.

Trespassing + distress to the public. The danger element is a non issue.
      Last edited by Trouble; 16 May, 2013, 14:50.
      “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

What if someone is shooting at you because your poking out from behind a wall (assume there is one), and someone on the other side of said river bank happens to walk into sight just in time to cop a load of rounds to the face because the shooter missed you?
        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
          What if someone is shooting at you because your poking out from behind a wall (assume there is one), and someone on the other side of said river bank happens to walk into sight just in time to cop a load of rounds to the face because the shooter missed you?
          I guess the same could be said about golf or cricket?

Interesting though, I guess it comes down to public liability insurance? The authorities must view it in the same way as other sports, and why not?
          “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

Yeah, I've had a golf ball just miss me on a walk before, not fun! Thats what the PLI is there for!
            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

steve grey I work as a singer, all over but mostly UK, also have a property business Find out more about steve grey
            Working...
            X