Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G&P Standalone Grenade Launcher...

Originally posted by Fenriz View Post
    It seems perfectly reasonable to me. Nice things cost nice money. I think its perhaps a little inappropriate to determine what is too expensive generally, rather than simply too expensive to the individual.
    I assume you own one then?

Comment

Nope. Contemplated it after playing with one, but i don't need a launcher at the moment. Only real use i can see for them is with co2 shells for launching smokes.

Should that change however, I'd happily buy one. I think they're well worth the money.
      AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenriz View Post
        Nope. Contemplated it after playing with one, but i don't need a launcher at the moment. Only real use i can see for them is with co2 shells for launching smokes.

Should that change however, I'd happily buy one. I think they're well worth the money.
        Fair enough.

Comment

I think this would come into its own if the ICS rifled 40mm grenades were allowed for use in the UK
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Airsoft Lad View Post
            I think this would come into its own if the ICS rifled 40mm grenades were allowed for use in the UK
            Or get an ASG B&T GL-06, its light,solidly built and does exactly the same thing £130, Spend the rest on 40mm shells and you will see that you have got something for your money. Alternatively you can get the stand alone launcher from the Scar or an ultra stylish Hk69.

Or if you want to go really cheap, one of them S-thunder pistol launchers £35

Any one of them is just a tube with a button and a cave man designed trigger system

Comment

Airsoft grenade launchers have always baffled me, for whats essentially a bit of pipe with a very simple mechanical trigger they cost a bloody bomb - they probably only cost about a tenner to make and sell for £100+!
              If it was more than a glorified shotgun that had some actual use as a "grenade" launcher I'd considder buying one but as they stand its just extra weight to carry around for the sake of it...

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the finer things and can easily justify spending big money, but this to me would need to be approaching real steel quality for the price they're asking... And to be honest, real steel quality is above G&P's station... You're essentially paying 300 quid for a GL frame!
                Originally posted by Walter Gropius
                If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

Originally posted by Coz View Post
                  Any one of them is just a tube with a button and a cave man designed trigger system
                  Yeah, i've said that before. I was just trying to look for a positive of spending £430 on a launcher.
                  sigpic

Comment

Because its beautiful, because its not often seen and thusly a bit of a head turner; and mostly because you want it.
                    AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

Methinks part of the cost of 40mm systems in airsoft is that almost no-one buys them compared to aegs, making the unit cost higher.
                      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

How many will G&P actually sell? To make so many unique parts for one product, and to make up for the very few customers who will actually buy it, they will simply cost a lot. It's a little steep, but that's G&Ps RRP so don't go off on one at Zero One for following the recommended price- look at other sites. Remember that Zero One are making a bit of a gamble having them stocked anyway - I doubt they're flying off the shelves, so the price has to be set accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
                          How many will G&P actually sell? To make so many unique parts for one product, and to make up for the very few customers who will actually buy it, they will simply cost a lot. It's a little steep, but that's G&Ps RRP so don't go off on one at Zero One for following the recommended price- look at other sites. Remember that Zero One are making a bit of a gamble having them stocked anyway - I doubt they're flying off the shelves, so the price has to be set accordingly.
                          I wasn't going off at Zero One. - Zero One isn't to blame here. I was discussing the price of the unit as a whole regardless of it distributor.

I'm aware other sites price them similarly hence the reason I started this thread - the units pricing.

I also understand how sales and marketing works. Bulk to buy costs less compared to that of singular units such as this. My point which is still the same as the beginning is: Regardless of distributor or RRP set by G&P (due to limited numbers of them) this item is far too expensive for what it is, the materials it is made from and the 'wow' factor it may or may not give.

I'd like to think many would agree.
                          Last edited by tomson2912882; 6 May, 2013, 12:45.

Comment

I can't believe it only comes with a "dummy red dot sight" for the price I'd want an eo-tec lol
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tomson2912882 View Post
                              I wasn't going off at Zero One. - Zero One isn't to blame here. I was discussing the price of the unit as a whole regardless of it distributor.

I'm aware other sites price them similarly hence the reason I started this thread - the units pricing.

I also understand how sales and marketing works. Bulk to buy costs less compared to that of singular units such as this. My point which is still the same as the beginning is: Regardless of distributor or RRP set by G&P (due to limited numbers of them) this item is far too expensive for what it is, the materials it is made from and the 'wow' factor it may or may not give.

I'd like to think many would agree.
                              Until youve played with it im not sure you're qualified to make that point. Its too expensive by your own set of personal feelings.

I personally feel its about right when viewed at the HK prices. And as with everything, the import costs and costs to sell it here ramp it up.

I dont really understand when the rule came in with airsoft that everything should be accessible and affordable to all. If you cant afford it, or cannot justify the money even if affordable; thats fair enough. But what is the point in moaning about it..?
                              AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

lolhiddensystemaarguement

If someone wants to pay 20x something's value, that's their prerogative, the fact it's on sale proves at least SOME will buy it.
                                Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                                big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tomson2912882 Find out more about tomson2912882
                                Working...
                                X