Re: M14? Tm cyma ca g&g

G&G Soc 16

Pros

- Better metal quality than every other version
    - Locking bolt catch unlike all the others
    - Much much easier to take apart compared to cyma and tm
    - Comes stock with a 6.035 tightbore barrel
    - Fps ranges from 320-350fps rather than TM's 270-290fps
    - CA version is a clone of G&G (oh yes!)
    - 10 quid cheaper than TM
    - Comes with a high cap rather than TM's lowcap
    - Has a spring release on the side of the gearbox so you can keep you spring completely depressed between skirmish days so your fps stays the same.
    - Takes CA mags aswell which are cheap on flea bay
    - Nicer sound when shooting

Cons

- Hop bucking needs changed as the stock one is balls - my was anyway (but only take 2 mins to change though as it easier to take apart) Its an aug hop unit which is p*** easy to install the new rubber

- Flash hider cannot be removed unfortunatly

Conclusion

Ive owned the TM, AGM and G&G socom and the G&G soc 16 is the best, shoots furthest, feels the nicest and you get what you pay for. The old g&g m14s were crap but this is the newest version. Everyone will tell you that the TM version is the best which it was for a long long time but this new g&g soc 16 is excellant. Most people have not owned one but i have and its the nuts. Buy the G&G Soc 16 if you can afford it. Best AEG i have ever owned.
    Last edited by sj_asc; 25 February, 2010, 00:39. Reason: Inappropriate Language
    My Feedback Thread - http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=38419

Comment

TM with a g&p dmr kit and 120 motor. awesome range and rof !!

Comment

yeah with most people here its always easier and safer to say TM...but for me its G&G all the way
        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
          yeah with most people here its always easier and safer to say TM...but for me its G&G all the way
          But could a classic army M14 be as good as a G&G or TM?

If it had a wood kit on then surely it would be as aesthetically pleasing as any of the others...

Then a tighbore barrel and a half decent hop... then would it be as good as the TM or G&G??

Cheers

Comment

I've had both a G&G and a TM M14.

And all the TM needs is a new inner barrel, and it outranges my old G&G by a good 20ft.

The TM one is a winner in my opinion.
            (also had a CA version for the space of about a day, which I took back)

Comment

for me tm all the way, ive only had this one but my bro has an m1 garand (cyma as a base model) and although his has higher fps mine shoots far better than his does.
              also a few of the locals have kart, cyma and agm m14s and none of them are as good as the tm.
              it just shoots far further than anything i have used before it.
              Feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...945#post233945

Comment

I have used/own both G&G and TM Socom m14's. They both shoot at 340 fps after upgrades and both have tm hop rubbers and stock barrels.

IMO you would never tell the difference between the range and accuracy of either.

The G&G however will fit a 9.6v Large battery Tm = 8.4v.
                The G&G strips easily Tm = shite.

Comment

i just got a cyma and im very impressed with it. reviews ive looked have remarked at the quality of the stock internals. (gears,shimming, tightbore 520mm barrel). it has a working bolt catch and only cost around £120. for the money i think that is a great deal. i cant comment on the other brands unfortunatly
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sniper34d View Post
                    I have used/own both G&G and TM Socom m14's. They both shoot at 340 fps after upgrades and both have tm hop rubbers and stock barrels.

IMO you would never tell the difference between the range and accuracy of either.

The G&G however will fit a 9.6v Large battery Tm = 8.4v.
                    The G&G strips easily Tm = shite.
                    you have a point on stripping it the gun

the TM m14 is a proper bitch to take apart.

mac
                    Originally posted by Coz
                    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

i Have the Tokyo Marui (full size) and it is absolutely amazing. i have never been more satisfied with an airsoft purchase. buy one and you will not be disappointed.

Also to those who say the m14 socom is better. why?. if you are buying a big rifle (even the socom is big) then why not go all the way and get the full monty?
                      it really is a "mans" rifle in its full size form. plus the enormous flash hider looks soooo cool on the big one.:D

my 0.02
                      One team to rule them all, one team to find them, one team to bring them all and in the darkness of the night battle own all the Deltas. BRAVO HOORAH!

Comment

i own a tm m14 and i can safely say you will not regret spending the money on it. Aside from the range an accuracy the build quality is superb and its just solid as a rock.

only downside is its heavy and long and its also not an easy gun to take to pieces if your unfamiliar with doing so

cheers

Comment

i have a cyma m14... its nice for a buget but my friends tm m14 is much better

Comment

my classic army outdoes the TM ones at my site ? nuff said, all the difference is a tighter barrel
                            sigpic
                            Originally posted by Parky
                            Being offended by the deaths of over 6 million people's almost as bad as not using the sales template.

Comment

Tokyo Marui.

There really is no question. Stock it beats them out of the water. And if you upgrade it.. well.. that's just unfair.
                              Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

spartacus When I am not leading my fellow slaves in an uprising against the Roman republic my main hobbies are airsoft and motorbikes. Find out more about spartacus
                              Working...
                              X