Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Co2 pistols?

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post
    It's you that needs to do the research. 'Expands when heated' is a property of every element and compound in the universe with few exceptions. It affects every fluid currently used in airsoft, including air, propane and 1,1,1,2-tetrafluoroethane - and I don't see sites exercising a ban on GBB pistols when it gets sunny. Discriminating against CO2 on that basis is stupid as it's actually much less affected by ambient temperature than other airsoft propellants. Only HPA is affected to a lesser degree and that's not a common airsoft propellant. Also, CO2 does not 'produce a liquid' when it's cold; CO2 is a liquid under pressure. The clouds that 'exit' paintball guns are mostly water, not CO2 - as the CO2 expands it becomes very cold (by a process of adiabatic cooling), cooling the nearby air and causing water to condense out of it.

Paintball is not comparable to airsoft in this way. For a start, CO2 was the default propellant in paintball for many years - which is pretty much the polar opposite of the outright ban exercised by some airsoft sites - and the switch to HPA is not because of too much power (like airsoft sites are afraid of) but because of too little. The actual reason many airsoft sites ban CO2 weapons is because CO2 is historically associated with dangerously powerful 4.5mm air weapons (many 'airsoft' CO2 pistols are conversions of 4.5mm weapons, which is a pretty dangerous method if you don't know what you're doing). Additionally, sites are worried about the tendency for the first few shots from a new capsule to be vastly overpowered (by as much as 150fps in something like a GBBR).
    It took you that long to comeback with a reply and tbh it wasn't worth it,I thought we were comparing C02 to air...sites are worried about the tendency for the first few shots from a new capsule to be vastly overpowered ...yeah that about sums it up...

Comment

I thought it was worth it ...... I learnt something new haha

If Carlsberg made Airsoft teams..............They would still get raped by the G.Z.C.F

Comment

i never had mine chrono'd , but i think its around the 350-380 mark due to the blow back function ,, but it may be higher on these hot days

Comment

The easiest way is to ask sites why they ban...inconsistency does get a mention,they are safeguarding their patrons,if your AEG is heavily inconsistent +/-50 they won't let you play,is there any difference?

Comment

Originally posted by reece murgatroyd View Post
            i never had mine chrono'd , but i think its around the 350-380 mark due to the blow back function ,, but it may be higher on these hot days
            No wonder it bloody hurt then!

Comment

Blowback won't make it chrono higher, that's not how adding blowback works lol.

My KSC G18c with RA-Tech CO2 mags kicks out 320fps (chrono'd, not guessed) on a hot sunny day. Of course, for the first five or six shots the hammer cant actually depress the valve far enough, but that's why these are winter mags :D
              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

I Use a C02 wesson 4" with power down shells, that Chronos at 280 consistently from a new bulb, All the power down shells do is restrict the amount of gas that can travel through the shell itself. Some sites are fine with it, some not. We're all out there to have fun though, swapping out for high power shells just ruins it for everyone.

All I can tell you is it works fine in snow or the heatwave we've got at the moment.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tomtomsatnav love airsoft! Find out more about tomtomsatnav
                Working...
                X