practice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: practice

You've had experience with speech therapy but don't know how to control yours... Just cool your jets an' stop droppin' bombs like it's 1945, it's just not necessary, you can express your annoyance in a less aggressive manner.
    Originally posted by Lt. Macka
    big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Fluxeor View Post
      Mag changes and weapons swaps, sure, I practice those.. but shooting.. Most of my guns have been pretty reliable over the years, but I'd rather not put additional wear and tear on parts messing about at home (bar checking they cycle and batteries aren't dead every so often).
      Fair point, never thought about it like this. I've been playing at least every week for a few years now so I guess the wear and tear on my kit isn't comparable to someone who might skirmish once a month or twice a month.

I do feel though (in response to your comment) if someone were to look after their kit and treat it well, shooting outside of a skirmish shouldn't be much of an issue. I'd imagine most people practicing don't fire as much as they do on a skirmish. I'd love to use ammo comparisons i.e. "joe blogs fires 2000 rounds in a game but only 100 in practice" but I'd be talking BS as I don't really know what the average airsofter shoots on a game day. I run GBB so I'd be lucky if I used 1000 rounds in a day. If and when I practice, i'll use maybe 50-60 rounds before finding other things to do.
      Kiran Payne
      TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
      Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Proto View Post
        You've had experience with speech therapy but don't know how to control yours... Just cool your jets an' stop droppin' bombs like it's 1945, it's just not necessary, you can express your annoyance in a less aggressive manner.
        again your wrong. Speech therapist dont tell you how to control emotion through speech but im sure you know different.

and you keep telling me im aggressive haha. you dont even know me. And unless your some kind of mystic meg who has the ability to tell how someone is by guessing then PLEASE stop telling me im something im not.

and dropping bombs? have you ever listened to yourself? you sound like your some voice of reason yet you have completely ignored the fact the guy accused me of something i didnt do, and are adding fuel to something that was nothing to do with you.

He accused me of something, i defended myself. Job done, nothing needed to be said but no, you had to add your 2pennies worth. It seems like thats the thing with this forum, people who have been around for a long time think they have the right to get involved with other peoples business, or treat people in a manner thats not right.

@s3v3r, thats an interesting point. i couldnt tell you how many i go through. i think i would go through say 60 tm shells per 6hours so 60 x30 is 1800 rounds. hmmm never feels like i use that much though lol
        Dead or alive....your coming with me

Comment

I like to put on my gear and run around my room and house pretending im on a mission because i'm an adult now and i can do what i want

.so much ROAST+BEEF+TENDERLOIN+WITH+PORT+SAUCE.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by S3V3R View Post
            Even with all this practice, Im not a very good shot :P
            Many a true word is spoken in jest!

Comment

Originally posted by S3V3R View Post
              Fair point, never thought about it like this. I've been playing at least every week for a few years now so I guess the wear and tear on my kit isn't comparable to someone who might skirmish once a month or twice a month.

I do feel though (in response to your comment) if someone were to look after their kit and treat it well, shooting outside of a skirmish shouldn't be much of an issue. I'd imagine most people practicing don't fire as much as they do on a skirmish. I'd love to use ammo comparisons i.e. "joe blogs fires 2000 rounds in a game but only 100 in practice" but I'd be talking BS as I don't really know what the average airsofter shoots on a game day. I run GBB so I'd be lucky if I used 1000 rounds in a day. If and when I practice, i'll use maybe 50-60 rounds before finding other things to do.
              It's not really down to how well maintained kit is, our guns use (fairly basic) mechanical processes where every trigger pull puts stress on the workings and causes wear. Be it on the 1st bb, 3000th or 150000th inevitably something is going to give at some point no matter how finely tuned, well maintained or "high-quality" the components are. My 5 year old AGM Scar, gearbox still entirely stock, is well beyond the 150k point and still ticking perfectly (some minor wear on the Piston teeth) whilst I've had 2 CA Proline gearboxes fail (spur gear tooth breakage and cutoff lever breakage, not great in a semi-only environment) in under 3000bb's.

Personally, I'd rather have my kit fail out in the field (I always pack a spare rifle, sometimes even carry it with me in games just in case), where I feel it's getting proper use than in the garden at home plinking at a target.
              AGM Scar L (Black) - KWA Glock 17 - CA B&T MP5A4

Comment

Intresting Posts here, I agree about practise with kit and mag changes and switching to sidearm because well that fast change is good to be able to do. But i always find i manage to get myself in the most awkward positions in a game so those skills go to pot. (must try practise while doing yoga or something)

I myself practise quite a bit My parents place when i go go visit them has a brilliant 100+m guarden so is perfect. set up a few targets and make sure everythign is zeroed in or i can test my new mods or upgrades. But this is with a boltaction i dont do it with any AEG because i can always put more shots on with an AEG where as with a bolt action i have that shot and rarely a second. In regards to ammo consuption. i have used more in practise than in games but i learn from the ones in my practise so that the ones in games count all the more. For me it is about knowing how to compensate in differnt conditions too not just shooting practise. knowing your rifle in and out and how it reacts to all kind of varibles can be very important when using a bolt action.

Also at my work people enjoy practical pistol shooting and we have room clearence competions and practise with pistols. and that my friends is exilent practis. But this is because of my place of work rather than preference. But i also believe that anyone that uses a 350+ bolt action should be able to hit a target each time within thier MED with thier sidearm.

Comment

@pete, what ammo weight do you use?

and what type practice games do you play? when i went round a mates we only had the metal box target, so it was only about grouping.

Comment

About once a day I do draws and reloads as it fills in some time.

I try about once every two weeks or alternating weekends to get out and actually just shoot some targets on private land with owners permission, sadly it has been a while since the last person I used land from moved.

This is all done with pistols and is more as a way to combine running about and getting outside with the hobby I enjoy than true practice. I like losing weight and keeping my heart healthy while blatting away.

'FireKnife'
                    68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                    Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Fluxeor View Post
                      Personally, I'd rather have my kit fail out in the field (I always pack a spare rifle, sometimes even carry it with me in games just in case), where I feel it's getting proper use than in the garden at home plinking at a target.
                      My point was that with steel components, mosfets, re-shim and the like the wear on your internals will take longer to cause a failure than if your gearbox is stock. A lot of this admittedly is contextual in regards to the make and model. For example, my VFC scar lasted all of about 3 months before a failure... However, a friend of mine has an 8 year old TM FAMAS that has yet to have a failure. His FAMAS in 8 years has definitely had more use than my scar in just 3 months...

To be fair though, as long as I've enjoyed using it before it fails, Im not really fussed :D
                      Kiran Payne
                      TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
                      Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

Fluxeor - I probably use my guns an equal amount on and off the field - I'd rather a failure off the field than on (as I can fix it at home) - but it is about how well maintained your kit is. A well set up gearbox with sorbo, a mosfet etc will go for many thousands of rounds quite happily - especially when you break it down to give it a clean every 20000 rounds or so.

A poorly setup gun will have failures far more commonly than that.
                        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Dave, just how effective are sorbos to looking after our GB's?

Comment

as far as im concerned, its the first shots, mag changes ect that count in practice.
                            and being able to swap which hand you are firing from quickly. i dont practice much outside of games, but when i pull my rifle or pistol up quickly, i know where that first shot is going, often with a pistol without even looking.
                            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

As I use my dmr most and it has a med I come unstuck when someone quickly appears in my med. so I set some cans up 5-15m away at different heights and practice drawing an firing my sidearm. Has made a massive difference. I am now seeing someone in my scope and am able to draw an hit them 9/10 within 2ish seconds. Practicing drawing is all well and good but I want to be able to hit something too. 15m isn't far away and is an easy hit but try drawing from a prone position and hit them before they focus there already raise gun on ya. That is why I practice.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

peter9 Find out more about peter9
                              Working...
                              X