Airsoft DMR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Airsoft DMR

Rather than starting a new thread i wanted to jump on this wagon. Im looking to get an M14 over the next month or so and it is coming with a scope but i just wanted to get some feedback from people who have run DMR setup as that was what i was eventually looking to do and wouldnt mind knowing what scope is preferrable for this kind or role.

ta muchly
    Damn Brad, what else you got hidden in the humvee - a fat chick?

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Zsasz View Post
      Rather than starting a new thread i wanted to jump on this wagon. Im looking to get an M14 over the next month or so and it is coming with a scope but i just wanted to get some feedback from people who have run DMR setup as that was what i was eventually looking to do and wouldnt mind knowing what scope is preferrable for this kind or role.

ta muchly
      G&P do a very nice m14 'DMR' and it looks very cool! if you have already bought an m14 then the stock is available on its own and its not something you see often and it looks the dogs danglies (imo), as for a scope I would say anything thats around the 4x mark will be fine, personally I would go for a 4x40 or 4x50.
      sigpic

Comment

Horses for courses.

I prefer a x4 optic as anything over that and the tail starts to wag the dog (the scope is too good for the gun) My preferred scope is the Elcan Spectre as it has wide lenses at both ends making it nice and easy to use and the graticules are large enough that you can use them to "aim off" with ease.

As for fps, inners, etc you may as well as what people's favourite colour is.... all will have differing opinions.

Most sites however only allow up to 450 fps in the DMR role. Provided the gun came from the factory as a semi-auto only, Blue Streak will allow up to a 550fps DMR / sniper rifle as the site has lots of potential fro long range engagements.

Comment

If you want the best of a longer barrel then the SR25 platform with the longer PSG-1 type cylinder would be the best option. The additional cylinder volume will allow for a more efficient energy transfer with DMR spec weight BBs. With this said, 510mm is the very longest barrel id recommend. For conventional V2/3 base builds anything sub 510 would be ideal.
          dsgdreamteam

Comment

i had a look at the rifle on my last game and will likely be using for the entire day on my next run at BS, the scope seems pretty decent and ive got a decent ACOG clone ive used on my M4. any advised is always appreciated, im not ashamed to admit my knowledge is limited here!
            Damn Brad, what else you got hidden in the humvee - a fat chick?

Comment

I've got an m14ebr and after installing a prometheus tight bore and guarder hop rubber the range and accuracy is decent and as I've not gone over 350 fps I can still use it for clearing out buildings / cqb situations as Ive got no engagement distance to think about.

I was gonna up the fps but found I don't need any more. So maybe see how u get once you've sorted air seal, barrell and hop.
              As for optics I went for a bushnell 3-9 x 50eg illuminated. I found acog clones had bad eye relief.

Comment

Originally posted by JTM View Post
                Okay thanks stephen i will do that make sure i have good air seal... could you recommend any manufactures that have a good standard gear set ???
                You could go with a standard gearset or a high torque setup. I recently did a DMR build using HT motor, 32:1 SHS gears, SHS half tooth 15 tooth piston, SHS full cylinder, head, nozzle etc, everything SHS. Put in an AB mosfet to control lockups. 11.1v Lipo.

To be honest if only shooting for 450 then standard gears will suit, maybe get steel ones.

To lock to semi I drilled a hole for a tiny screw in the gearbox that stopped the selector - that was probably the biggest headache. Oh and like others have said keep barrel length sensible otherwise you'll get suck-back.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JTM Find out more about JTM
                Working...
                X