Drum Magazines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drum Magazines

Does the site you play on allow drum mags on non support weapons.
    This is the case on one of the sites I play. I agree with above that some times people just take it to far. If you want to play that realistic start a reenactment group, but my site did bring in the rule to stop people just spraying and praying which does take away the tactical side of the game which is what I enjoy.
    I think a c/s mag on an M4 looks pretty good just watch the shoot out scene in 3000 miles to Gracland.

Comment

Originally posted by Coz View Post
      Just thought id throw it in here but standard magazines are BOX magazines, an m4 uses a standard 30rnd BOX mag.

And also the man was talking DRUM, mahooosive difference.

The c-mag was made for military use but was supposed to be unreliable in the conditions used.

Anyhow i have a star S-mag for my g36 and its pretty damn good ive used it in about 4-5 skirmishes and it only ever jammed on me 3 times in one day but that was down to a stray bb getting stuck in the gears, i only realised what it was at the end of the day when i open it up.

I agree with everything the pope said (apart from the 9.6v battery as i have never tried it)
      The nice thing about the star version is no wires.

So in conclusion get one if you can find one, i will if another comes up cheap
      I thought it was because of the weight of the 100 bullets it snapped the mag release clean off the guns after a while, so the army counldnt be bothered making parts that didnt break so dropped them.
      SAVE OUR SPORT
      http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

Originally posted by apmaman View Post
        I thought it was because of the weight of the 100 bullets it snapped the mag release clean off the guns after a while, so the army counldnt be bothered making parts that didnt break so dropped them.
        not sure about that, i just read unreliable.
        i believe they are still used on the g36k and thats just polimer.

found this if anybody cares http://www.defendamerica.mil/article.../a072803b.html

Comment

Originally posted by apmaman View Post
          Was unrealiability and storage on your personal kit that were the issuses, they still recommended them for SWAT style one off building clearances, due to little/ no reloading for the one off mission.
          Just because I don't post often doesn't mean I am not playing Airsoft

Comment

The sites here in Hong Kong aren't fascist or elitist, so yes, they allow them. I've seen a girl with a drum mag attached to her luger. Usually anything goes. Unless you go to milsim, where of course realcaps etc are used.

If people complain about realism, but then use a G3 with three hicaps, then they can naff off. I try to play a tactical team game, but if one person on the opposite team just sprays the bushes with their hicaps, then what's the point? I won't let anyone complain about my drum magazine - which was at some point made for real and used for real - if they have hicap baby rattles.

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Laughing Man i want you to hit me, as hard as you can.. Find out more about The Laughing Man
            Working...
            X