I shot my mate's tooth out :-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I shot my mate's tooth out :-(

I shot my mate's tooth out on Saturday at Airsoftgb near Colchester from 25 meters away with a Marui MK23.

Poor dude's tooth snapped at 45 degrees. Feel terrible.
    “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Re: I shot my mate's tooth out :-(

Don't feel guilty about it mate. It's a risk we all sign up to when playing the sport, and I'm sure your friend knows that. Happens to the best of us!

Comment

If you were a real friend you would have smashed out one of your own teeth to make him feel better.
      102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Originally posted by Coski View Post
        Don't feel guilty about it mate. It's a risk we all sign up to when playing the sport, and I'm sure your friend knows that. Happens to the best of us!
        I know, just goes to show how easily it can happen though!
        “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

Why were you going for headshots?

Comment

Because you can aim at that level with a pistol at 25m in Airsoft, duh!
            King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
            https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
            www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Just because you 'can' aim at someones head, that doesn't mean you should... I'd never purposely go for a head shot.. unless of course it was a complete 'fluke' shot

Comment

was his head the only part of him exposed?

Comment

Why cry about headshots?

Most of the time when people are behind cover all you can see is upper torso/head.

I feel for your mate though, but this is why there's lower face protection as well

Comment

Yup, head shots do happen. Doesn't mean we should crucify people for them, they are allowed in our game.

It's bad sportsmanship to always aim for the head and it could get you pulled off site. But at the end of the day, the risk to losing teeth is on the person without their mask. They play the game knowing full well the consequences of being hit in the mouth. BB's can do strange things in flight causing a head shot. The person with the AEG might not be aiming properly thus causing the hit. You can't always say they are deliberate as sometimes they are just accidents.

Comment

Originally posted by lee11197 View Post
                      was his head the only part of him exposed?
                      Nah, he was crouched down though.

I always aim center mass, unless I'm sniping and I see a player get hit, notice, look around, doesn't see the shooter + not take the hit. Next shot will be at the head.

This is not about my technique though, this is an "accidents do happen" thread.

Look after your teeth!

Comment

facemasks

/thread

Comment

Originally posted by aaron-hill09 View Post
                          Just because you 'can' aim at someones head, that doesn't mean you should... I'd never purposely go for a head shot.. unless of course it was a complete 'fluke' shot
                          i believe he was hinting at a pistols lack of accuracy at said range. plus when your being shot at exact placement takes time you may not have
                          trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

Having had 3 trips to the dentist due to the destructive relationship that ~300fps causes between bb's and teeth I now wear lower face all the time. Dentist bills are expensive! I have got very luck and had my costs covered every time for various reasons, however if I had been paying it would have cost me over £3k! a lower face costs ~£20, the lower face is MUCH cheaper and involves a lot less pain.

Wear a lower face!

Comment

£3k? Get a new dentist! £45 for my tooth to be rebuilt.
                              Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express Pro
                              King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                              www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Trouble Find out more about Trouble
                              Working...
                              X