Collapse

I shot my mate's tooth out :-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can get a lower face for just £20?!? I'm going to get one with a beard. An maybe one with a different chin as well. I can have interchangeable lower faces to go with my upper face!

Would probably freak people out though...

Comment

Re: I shot my mate's tooth out :-(

i wonder....were you to chip someones tooth, would you get to keep it? you know, much like a prized trophy?

so rather than a lions head mounted on the wall, youve got someones incisor?
      Damn Brad, what else you got hidden in the humvee - a fat chick?

Comment

depends really on how 'aimed' the shot was, at 25m you should at least have a rough idea of where its gonna land. i know for a fact 40m is easily doable with some semblance of accuracy. but never to a degree of a tooth. of course it was an accident.
        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Zsasz View Post
          i wonder....were you to chip someones tooth, would you get to keep it? you know, much like a prized trophy?

so rather than a lions head mounted on the wall, youve got someones incisor?
          I did jest about that. Mounted on the weapon.

I'm 'reinforcing' my face veil after this incident. I think the light weight face veils do provide very good protection against one BB, but when there's 2 or 3 the veil gets pushed back and the energy gets through. Test it yourself to try. BBs can't get through curtains, although it's a different story if it's against your skin.

I'm trying attaching a flap off an old molle ammo pouch to the inside of the veil. I'm not even sure it needs to be totally solid, just needs to be weighted/stiffen the veil to keep the mesh away from the face to absorb the energy. I think it will be a very effective and cheap alternative to a an uncomfortable metal mesh face mask.

I've fired lots of BBs up to .3g at 400+ FPS and I can't get one to get through the Jack Pyke veil so I have faith in it.
          “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

tape it to the reciever

people'd rock up - "ooh, whats that?"

"the last guy that got too close."

smug mode engaged.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Zsasz View Post
              tape it to the reciever

people'd rock up - "ooh, whats that?"

"the last guy that got too close."

smug mode engaged.
              He's not gone to the dentist yet so I may still be able to get the tooth off him. Super glued to the silencer?
              “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

hmmm. he may not want to part with it in order for you to have it as biological gun bling dude...

Comment

Buddy don't feel bad about it! Its one of the best things about the sport. You get to hurt your friends without them complaining about it!!

I once shot my mate up the nose on an urban game. He had to have an operation to remove it because it had imbeded in soft tissue.

Martin
                  If god was an AEG, i have owned him at some point....

MB

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post
                    He's not gone to the dentist yet so I may still be able to get the tooth off him. Super glued to the silencer?
                    Use it as the dot in your optics? haha
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fubar View Post

I once shot my mate up the nose...
                      Stand by for: "What were you doing aiming up his nose for? From 10 meters away there's no reason for you to be aiming at his nose, your kind are not what the sport is about!"

Comment

or replace your Front sight post with it if you use irons
                        sigpic

Comment

actually, if you could aim and get it up someones nose 8 times out of 10, id want you on my bloody team.

Comment

I stuck this on a thread a few weeks ago but its just as relevant here

just out of interest and as a member of the dental profession (a hygienist) i though i'd add the cost of having your teeth repaired. The private charges are based on an good practice in a nice area and using good materials.

NHS

£48 for a simple repair or root canal. £214 for a crown, bridge or a denture

private

£125 simple repair on one tooth, £417 for root canal (if the nerve dies), £588 if the the damage is severe and needs a crown. if you loose the tooth then a denture to replace it will be £595, a bridge £655 and if you feel flush £2500 for an implant!! it can get very expensive, very quickly as often a root canal will need a crown and these prices are for ONE tooth.

Anyone thinking the the cheap £10 lower face mask might be worth it now? gumshields are great but as stated dont offer protection to the lowers and teeth can still be damaged through the lip if the shot is close/powerful enough.

Play safe one and all
                            There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Comment

He stuck is head around the top of a flight of stairs and he caught my eye so i just fired of a quick burst of my Glock 18 up there. All i heard was $%$"$ *&&^%% for a few seconds. so i ran up to see if he was okay. Took me 2 days to stop laughing...

Martin
                              If god was an AEG, i have owned him at some point....

MB

Comment

niiiiice.

its not tooth related but at my last game, i shot a lad in the b*ollocks and rather than shout or scream, he did a little high pitched "oooooh!" and did a wee dance. must have stung a tad.

also funny was when we were doing CQB and a kid got shot. all day you could hear manly voices shouting OW! or HIT! and every so often youd get this high pitched squeak of a kid getting lit up. priceless

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Trouble Find out more about Trouble
                                Working...
                                X