iMAX B6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: iMAX B6

its a much better connection with deans, can take higher pwer etc, also a slight rof increase too (sometimes)

Comment

Hate to rez this again but i', having a wee bit of trouble, just got my new 7.4 20c 1200mah batts, they came with a charge in them but a wana test them/ charge them but when i select either charge or balance and hold the start button it says 'connnection break' i didnt get an instruction book with this. I read the above thread and jag said its pretty much automatic? i'm not 100% im doing the right thing, any advice?
      Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

i have set it to lipo balance, 0.8a, 7.4v (2s). then i hold the start key and it says connection break. just to be sure do i connect the lipo connector AND the tamiya one or just the lil white one? any help greatly appreciated!
        Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

you need to check the connection between the battery and the imax. it says connection break becuase theres no connection.

Comment

nope :p , that means there is a fault with the lipo mate

had it with a blown cell lipo, says connection break , no matter how good the plugs were together

get the 2 cells tested mate

Comment

just got it out of its packet from shop of components, not used it/fired it anything, it shouldnt be funked??? how do i test them?
              Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

take it to an rc shop ro test the cells , or buy a alarm tester that plugs into the balancing socket

also check you have the correct connecters attached

Comment

ok am i being a mong? i have put the little white plug directly into the little white plug recepticle on the actuall charging unit, the one marked '2 cell' thingy. then i hold the start button....i know i have dick fingers and everything i touch gets f****d. but killing 2 spankers batts is still a bit unbelievable.
                  Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

why is it ,

i had lipos from that shop and both died , after one game usage

then brought from HK and for 10 quid got 3 batteries and work brilliantly

Comment

just a place like shop of components has such a good rep, and when i say i have not used them i mean i have fired 3 rounds from my gun, not a whole games usage...
                      Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

ok tried my mates lipo which i KNOW is fine and it is not connecting to that either, so must be the charger. pooooooo
                        Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

You need to connect both the little connector and the main connector ( that you would connect to your gun) to the charger. The charge goes thru the larger connector and is monitored/balanced thru the small connector.
                          Last edited by Tin; 13 August, 2010, 21:43. Reason: Clarity

Comment

A pic of the setup as per the fault would help.
                            Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post
                              nope :p , that means there is a fault with the lipo mate

had it with a blown cell lipo, says connection break , no matter how good the plugs were together

get the 2 cells tested mate
                              you do know what the term connection break is right ? whether a cell doesnt pass current or the tamiya connections are pants and not conencted right. it all results in the smae thing, connection break on the screen...

its much more likely a tamiya connector isnt properly connecting.. use a multimeter.. you can test the cell to check its current level you can test the wiring to locate a break

Comment

Originally posted by jockjay View Post
                                ok tried my mates lipo which i KNOW is fine and it is not connecting to that either, so must be the charger. pooooooo
                                see

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

guard-sniper87 Find out more about guard-sniper87
                                Working...
                                X