Dyeing Camo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dyeing Camo

Apologies for the phone pic, only just remembered to take a pic! You should get the idea from DDPM to a Forest green DDPM. One box of dye for the pair, quick and easy.

Comment

I did the same with my mtp as it was too light for woodland and the results were suprisingly pleasing

Comment

The green brown of DDPM dyed green looks cool, especially a UBACS.

I might do the same!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

That ranger green DDPM looks great!

I was wondering, would it be possible to lighten camo with dye? i was thinking something like making my normal DPM more of a MTP/multicam shade of green.

Originally posted by crasstoe View Post
          Run the washing machine on a quick rinse cycle with nothing in once you are done to remove any left over dye. Don't want other clothes being dyed
          Had to lol at the manly men of airsoft swapping household tips!
          Real Sword SVD ¦ Cyma MP5K ¦ G&G GC16 M4 ¦ TM Hi Capa ¦ Tm MK23

Comment

Originally posted by Crusoe View Post
            That ranger green DDPM looks great!
            I was wondering, would it be possible to lighten camo with dye? i was thinking something like making my normal DPM more of a MTP/multicam shade of green.
            You can bleach to lighten the fabric first and then dye, but you cannot dye something lighter.

Bleach takes colour away, Dye adds it, you can only have so much colour, so in order to change the colour to a lighter one you must remove the old colour first, otherwise you mix the colours of the fabric with the dye.
            King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
            https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
            www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

I tries to make some black combats once by dying some dpm issue trousers.black. just made the camo darker, but still camo!

Sent from outer space
              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by crasstoe View Post
                You can bleach to lighten the fabric first and then dye, but you cannot dye something lighter.

Bleach takes colour away, Dye adds it, you can only have so much colour, so in order to change the colour to a lighter one you must remove the old colour first, otherwise you mix the colours of the fabric with the dye.
                Hmm, seems like that could be a bit hit and miss with a good chance of just removing all the original dye and ending up with a blank canvas to start from. Any suggestions on how I could fade the DPM in a controlled way?
                Last edited by Crusoe; 19 July, 2013, 12:21. Reason: typo
                Real Sword SVD ¦ Cyma MP5K ¦ G&G GC16 M4 ¦ TM Hi Capa ¦ Tm MK23

Comment

we've done pink desert MARPAT - can't find the photos, but it came out really really good

Comment

Went & did it, she didn't find out either which is a result in itself lol..................but i'm not sure about the results though, its still wet but looks a lot like bog standard flecktarn, the "antique grey" coloured the desert cream but not as a grey............oh and any webbing bits such as the band on the boonie stayed cream.
                    and don't get me started about the cream buttons.............DDOOOOOHHHHH

pics to follow when it dries, be good for a laugh.

Comment

sorry for the delay guys, still not sure about the colour although the wife likes them, boonie turned out crap but then it was a bit moody to start with.
                      tempted to hit them again, this time full on black, what do you think ?.
                      had to link to photobucket as they were too big at only 7m pixels ?

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/q...sidew/dye2.jpg
                      http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/q...sidew/dye1.jpg

Comment

ACU dyed green then soaked in a bleach/water mix to lighten the colour. For some reason unbeknownst to me the Velcro didn't take the dye.
                        Originally posted by Mike581
                        L129A1 wanted complete or unfinished project SR-25k URX
                        Originally posted by mark2191
                        i know someone who is selling an ares l85 a2 if thats any good?
                        "Peace sucks hairy ass-hole Freddy, war is the motherf#@*ing answer!"

Comment

That's because Velcro is polyester base and polyester is a proper biatch to dye and you can't use dylon on it, you need proper industrial stuff.
                          Cotton is obviously will, though I thought the chest and back part of it was polyester therefore, tricky.
                          sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

It was dylon I used though the back of the jacket is the same material as the front, the set of ACU was bought from Zeroone when they got their first batch in for sale not long after ACU was revealed, the jacket is a mandarin cut.

Sent from my LT22i using Tapatalk 4
                            Originally posted by Mike581
                            L129A1 wanted complete or unfinished project SR-25k URX
                            Originally posted by mark2191
                            i know someone who is selling an ares l85 a2 if thats any good?
                            "Peace sucks hairy ass-hole Freddy, war is the motherf#@*ing answer!"

Comment

@ Tackle...that looks ok dude. Will be better with webbing, vest of some sort, etc.

I dyed a set of ACU a while back...went thru a few stages, but ended up as 'Cheesecam', a lovely blend of yellowy/mutard/greeny brown.
                              Was featured in Ai, in the local loadouts bit.
                              h e y d r i c h
                              L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tackle 53 & a bit fat now but still knackered. Find out more about tackle
                              Working...
                              X