Collapse

Facebook gun sales, is it just me???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Facebook gun sales, is it just me???

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
    That's pretty rich coming from someone who just listed a sales thread containing a load of images lifted directly from an American forum from six years ago. Also posting the text "More of a lurker than a poster" despite spamming the board with six detailed posts in thirty seconds!

I'm calling shenanigans on you.
    Dinner Dinner Dinner Dinner Bamf Man...
    If god was an AEG, i have owned him at some point....

MB

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmikey22 View Post
      you forgot the god LOKI whos been on it like a champ lately.

I agree, most groups are site groups. So most people will know each other in some way or another
      Make no mistake... BAMF is the boss, i simply have less infraction points than him so can afford a good gobbing off!

Comment

Originally posted by loki7491 View Post
        i simply have less infraction points
        That'll change in time I'm sure
        King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
        https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
        www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Originally posted by loki7491 View Post
          Make no mistake... BAMF is the boss, i simply have less infraction points than him so can afford a good gobbing off!
          Thanks son. You made daddy proud.
          There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

I started airsoft when I was 15 for Christmas my parents bought a cheap g&g and a voucher to a skirmish. That one day when I skirmished was the best if my life. each year for Xmas my parents would get me a new gun but they were 2 tone at the time i didn't really care but now I turne 18 in may got my UKARA and my cupboard is full of two tones and on this forum not may people want to buy them and seeing the Bright green f200 i got last year makes me want to jump of a cliff but there is no way I can really sell then as this forum is more full of experienced airsoft era who have UKARA and dint need two tone

Comment

Originally posted by RayPeest View Post
              I started airsoft when I was 15 for Christmas my parents bought a cheap g&g and a voucher to a skirmish. That one day when I skirmished was the best if my life. each year for Xmas my parents would get me a new gun but they were 2 tone at the time i didn't really care but now I turne 18 in may got my UKARA and my cupboard is full of two tones and on this forum not may people want to buy them and seeing the Bright green f200 i got last year makes me want to jump of a cliff but there is no way I can really sell then as this forum is more full of experienced airsoft era who have UKARA and dint need two tone
              That's a good point. Two tone can be brought by anyone and have no controls attached to them. Buying one off FB or the Zero website makes no difference at all if you are an idiot who is going to buy it, paint it black and then shoot cats in the local village for amusement.

Control the idiots, not the sale of guns lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by Rich83 View Post
                That's a good point. Two tone can be brought by anyone over the age of 18 and have no controls attached to them. Buying one off FB or the Zero website makes no difference at all if you are an idiot who is going to buy it, paint it black and then shoot cats in the local village for amusement.

Control the idiots, not the sale of guns lol.

Fixed that for you there buddy

Comment

Thank you sir!

Comment

See I have brought via facebook before but the only thing airsoft wise was a RIF someone had on there that I knew the person anyway. If I was ever to sell a RIF on there I would be checking they are a member/UKARA Reg'd etc. It is one of those things where sometimes you have to question it but the biggest problem is facebook has become pretty much unpoliceable now its popularity has risen so much.

That being said to be the devil's advocate it is not much different from forum sales as it is up to the seller to make sure the buyer has a valid defence, failure to do this is where the blame/liability stops. I have seen some airsoft selling groups that are closed that you will only be accepted if you message the admin with your UKARA/site number to check.

The other thing is look at the persons FB page 99% of airsofters on facebook will have photo's on there from skirmishes and posing. God knows I have enough thanks to that good old site photographer.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

is that not the norm to have the pics of you posing facebook all suited and booted with gun in hand looking like a bad mofo

Comment

Originally posted by bamf View Post
                        that's pretty rich coming from someone who just listed a sales thread containing a load of images lifted directly from an american forum from six years ago. Also posting the text "more of a lurker than a poster" despite spamming the board with six detailed posts in thirty seconds!

I'm calling shenanigans on you.
                        shenanigans!
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]94040[/ATTACH]
                        Damn Brad, what else you got hidden in the humvee - a fat chick?

Comment

To be honest this is like asking 'is it ok to buy real guns / hookers on Facebook?'

Facebook is a horribly unregulated system that requires that the users point something out for the owners / moderators to do much about it, same goes for eBay and many other mass user sites.

Trying to compare here, a site where it is about the hobby and people will look out for rogue traders and Facebook where anyone can go on, see something gun shaped for sale and think 'that is mine' is not a straight comparison. Here we know or at least have interest in our hobby and a desire to keep it going. Facebook is a place known for stupidity and random illegal activities, it is just that selling RIFs to players without a defence is just one small part of it.

Hope none of you go on craigslist or this place would be awash with a lot more posts about it. At the end of the day if you see it report it, that is about all you can do on the internet remain vigilant and then do what is right. You wont catch them all at it but if push came to shove and people could see what those serious about the hobby ae trying to do it might help our case. But for the sake of all of us lets hope it never comes to that.

'FireKnife'
                          68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                          Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shotagain Find out more about shotagain
                          Working...
                          X