This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Teenage Airsofters

The Airsoft God in mortal form strikes again!

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/38/section/40

Section 40, 24A, (1)

(1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...o-china-clones

Then you've tried breaking the law and as a result, anything you post on here will only serve to frustrate people as people such as yourself endanger the sport we enjoy.

That's why.

You may not attempt to obtain a RIF or IF unless you're over 18.

You aren't, by your own admission.
      Would you please question me before you ruin the overall meaning of this post. I have an older brother that said all the stuff sold on this forum was sh*t, and at the time he was looking for what was on that post.

Comment

Also, i dont have a great grasp of the VCRA and fully know the forum rules does that make me a noob? does that make me a bad player? NO, no it doesnt.

Regarding Tiercel, are you AGEIST? lol. I mean, im 29 and couldnt careless how old people were so long as they play to the spirit of the game. Infact younger players seem more willing to play the objectives rather then going for the "kills" from experience of the sites i have played at and i have played at quite a few.

Im not having a go at older players but i do find they prefer to stay static in a bush rather than going balls out to rescue the downed black hawk pilot.

GamerKids are fine, they just need to be reminded that this is a different GAME. And the ANTI GamerKids/Adults/Whingers need to be reminded that this IS a GAME. lol.

As for spoon feeding, i dont mind helping people, if i see a post asking a question thats been answered million times i would STILL answer it, unlike a lot of people on here who would rather go out their way to find "insert silly image" to poke fun at or insult the original poster. Also i dont see the point in going through peoples post and crying about their text speak or bad english. If theres a comma where there should be a full stop then so what!

I was told i lacked self respect because i used text speak, i think i wrote KOOL instead of cool on a Gran Turismo forum, he went further by saying that LOL isnt text speak and was accepted as English so couldnt/wouldnt ban people who used it.

At the end of it if you can take the time to find images, educate people on their poor english then you could use that time to help someone out.

I work in a care profession, and if i took the mick or berated people because they spoke or wrote in a certain way then i would get torn to pieces by my seniors.

Plus its good to help people, you'll live longer and happier for it!! haha.

sorry for the long read!
        Dead or alive....your coming with me

Comment

Well, my generation is screwing itself over and that isnt really putting a good view to other peoples
          I will be straight I know far too many people my age who would be putting the sport at risk if they wanted too (Rich chavvy ones who wear grey tracksuit bottoms and bully people) luckily these people dont stray too far forwards,
          While ive never really fully researched VCRA and shizzle I know the main points of it, Under 18's cant buy, Need UKARA or a legitimate explanation that checks out to purchase ect,
          Do I spray my guns? Sometimes Guilty as charged, But not into RIF's
          I sprayed the illumincant orange of one of my aeg's Red, so it doesnt stick out as much, My mp5 is Yellow and Black, and I lightened the blue on one of my pistols into a cyan colour, Thats about it though, If any were pointed at you they're recognisable as Airsoft guns in about the same time it would take to tell the difference with the regular two tone.
          So my guns aint as pretty as yours, And dont fire as far as yours, and dont hit as hard, and are not as accurate, I dont care, Just means getting hits is more satisfying :3

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
            The only thing ill really disagree with is the "playing isn't always easy for young players".
            To be utterly honest, that's life.
            What the young players forget is, the adults have jobs to keep, bills to pay and other stuff that takes priority.
            Most adults don't have the bank of mummy and daddy to play with, we also have to jump through hoops to be able to buy gats in a realistic paint colour.

Edit.
            Noticing BAMFs post.
            Ouch, that's not cool at all.
            My parents are 100% against me owning Airsoft rifles, well in fact I don't own any. I use my brothers guns and in return I pay for his upgrades and fixes. Airsoft in total has cost me over £500 which at my age, is a hefty amount also seeing as I don't own a gun. There's also no need to try and be patronizing.

Comment

Originally posted by JonSims View Post
              Would you please question me before you ruin the overall meaning of this post. I have an older brother that said all the stuff sold on this forum was sh*t, and at the time he was looking for what was on that post.
              Seriously? Just when I thought I'd heard every excuse under the sun...oh wait, I have heard every excuse under the sun. That particular one is often trotted out as much as the "It's my dad's profile and he lets me use it to look for guns for him" I'll wager that wanted thread and the swap thread you have going also wouldn't have refused any offers of guns from other site users?
              There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by god84 View Post
                Im not having a go at older players but i do find they prefer to stay static in a bush rather than going balls out to rescue the downed black hawk pilot.
                If the pilot had tried harder he wouldn't have been shot down and need rescuing. His own fault, I don't intend on rescuing him.

Originally posted by god84 View Post
                Also i dont see the point in going through peoples post and crying about their text speak or bad english. If theres a comma where there should be a full stop then so what!
                Not really your call, the rules do state.... well ask that the user at least tries to write the post with an acceptable level of english which 'text speak' isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
                  Seriously? Just when I thought I'd heard every excuse under the sun...oh wait, I have heard every excuse under the sun. That particular one is often trotted out as much as the "It's my dad's profile and he lets me use it to look for guns for him" I'll wager that wanted thread and the swap thread you have going also wouldn't have refused any offers of guns from other site users?
                  I don't own any RIFs and do not plan to in the near future. Would you stop with the unnecessary and somewhat agonizing gulp splurging from your mouth.

Comment

I think it is safe to say that alot of the under 18 airsofters here on this forum fail to read the rules, but to be honest, I imagine just as many adult airsofters join and do the same.

I've airsofted for quite a few years now, and no doubt about it, I've seen more irresponsibility with adults than I have children/teens. In my personal experience I find that under 18 airsofters tend to try and keep to themselves and don't want to piss anyone off. If you think about it, playing with a load of adults can't be the most comfortable situation for 14/15 year olds. The only problem I ever see with younger airsofters is when they are in large birthday parties and such. That's when they can get a bit raucous, but then you can't blame them for getting excited.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

I don't see why we even have this categorisation of young or old/experienced or inexperienced players at all. If you went to play a friendly game of football at your local pitch for example, if someone actually had the audacity to criticise the skill level of a participating player and say call them the equivalent of a "noob" or whatever, they'd most likely be asked to leave/not to play. It's not tolerated in any other sport and it shouldn't be tolerated in ours. I think some players tend to forget that we're all just amateurs, not professionals and every player has the right to invest as little time/effort/skill into the sport as they see fit.

Having said that my general experience of bad players in the different age groups has been:

Young players - Cheat/don't call their hits
                        Old(er) players - Think they can tell me what to do/agro/talk in a rather annoyingly macho way with lots of swearing (I'm probably just not used to "squaddie" dialogue).

Comment

Originally posted by TomFahey View Post
                          I don't see why we even have this categorisation of young or old/experienced or inexperienced players at all. If you went to play a friendly game of football at your local pitch for example, if someone actually had the audacity to criticise the skill level of a participating player and say call them the equivalent of a "noob" or whatever, they'd most likely be asked to leave/not to play .
                          See, you'd think that, but it's generally not true nowadays...I know I've contributed but my generation seriously sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by psirus101 View Post
                            If the pilot had tried harder he wouldn't have been shot down and need rescuing. His own fault, I don't intend on rescuing him.

Not really your call, the rules do state.... well ask that the user at least tries to write the post with an acceptable level of english which 'text speak' isn't.

Point one, im hoping your being sarcastic, as i'd like to think you would be part of the team effort in winning the objectives.

Point two, im sure you have used LOL at some point on this forum, LOL is considered text speak. i would say alot of users here use text speak in one form or another. However, lines and lines of text speak is quite annoying.

**edit**

@TomFahey, your general description of player types is ok, but i find alot of OLDER players fully decked out cheat like hell!! lol.
                            Dead or alive....your coming with me

Comment

Originally posted by JonSims View Post
                              I don't own any RIFs and do not plan to in the near future. Would you stop with the unnecessary and somewhat agonizing gulp splurging from your mouth.
                              Apologies for the slow response, I had to have my tea.

As locking crims up to keep society safe is often an arduous task, I tend to eat late.

If you found what I've posted thus far "Agonising" (The correct spelling of the word) then I can assure you that I haven't even started yet. I've literally got socks older than you and when I see threads like this started every few months it kind of gets my goat. You're attempting to break the law and encouraging other forum users to do the same. This annoys me.

Like I said, I'd put a pound to a pinch of poop that if you had received any offers of guns on your wanted and swap threads, you'd have accepted them. That isn't on.
                              There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

I would put airsoft u18's in three catagories
                                Younger players who Comply to the VCRA stuff, keep to themselves and aint cocky trash, Prolly brought their own gear with their own funds
                                Younger players who are cocky little shits, who argue the toss with anyone who disagrees with them, Violate the VCRA bill by Replacing the two tone, dont calll shots if there are not that many witnesses, Yet scream and complain that whoever they were shooting at isnt taking theirs (Despite the fact their bb's hit the dirt 8 metres away from them, Probably got parents to buy them their guns and generally disregard everyone else,
                                And lo, the third hurdle of they who are brought up with it and as such just play with family, Dont really have guns of their own and just generally be the first one but with stuff taped on,
                                In conclusion, first and third are the players Who should be kept, and Second are the cocky trash that should be banned from all sites or humiliated if they fail/refuse to adapt to the specific requirements of the sport.
                                So my guns aint as pretty as yours, And dont fire as far as yours, and dont hit as hard, and are not as accurate, I dont care, Just means getting hits is more satisfying :3

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JonSims Find out more about JonSims
                                Working...
                                X