Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Celcius Or Not To Celcius.... That Is The Question.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celcius Or Not To Celcius.... That Is The Question.....

basically, I was at a large UK airsoft retailer on Sunday and had my first experience of using a Celcius MX3. I was sooo impressed that I have decided to sell a few of my guns to fund the purchase of one. I have read stories about the earlier models giving bother and the said retailer seemed to fairly know their stuff on them with talks of upgrading hop units, fitting 6.0 barrels, a 3 round burst ecu and a few other upgrades. it is obviously a MASSIVE purchase and I was looking a little advice on people that know of someone that has one or can give me any info on the MX3 only and not get mixed up with supposed earlier models.

Thanks guys
    MAGPUL MASADA - 5 BURST SHOTGUN - SL9 FOR SALE

Re: Celcius Or Not To Celcius.... That Is The Question.....

They can be hit and miss, you might get a good one, but I wouldn't count on it.

My own experience with a CTW was a pain. I ended up getting it working right, but it took so much money that i would of been better off with buying a PTW straight away. In the end that's what i did, I haven't had a problem with my PTW.

From my experience the 6.00 barrel is too tight to be useful. The electrics fry themselves, the motor broke on mine and needed to be replaced, the cylinder needed to be rebuilt, and my STTS hop unit was a massive pain, and I could never get it working right. I had to send my gun back to the dealer too many time to count, and although they were very helpful and also did some work for free, the time it was away, and the postage costs where getting silly.

In my opinion, you'd be better off saving the extra cash and getting a PTW.

Comment

If you read the technical section there have been a few threads recently about said retailer spouting off the benefits of a 6.00 barrel (chops even good quality bbs in half/jams now and again), as well as there being problems with the MDD hop unit.

Remember that that retailer is trying to get your money, and (in my experience) some of the staff will do/say anything to get money out of you. (Instances that spring to mind include an argument between two members of staff over whether something I had bought was damaged when I got it out of the box to check it was okay, and another member of staff trying to convince me that WE glock mags fitted in KWA glocks, despite me knowing the exact opposite to be true).
      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

I would actually go for a a G&D over the ctw. 3 team mates went through about 3 CTWs each. Now 2 have G&Ds as their go to guns, and one had one as a spare alongside his ptw.

They aren't the best things ever, but replacements cost peanuts, and they're not too far off!

Comment

Ill be honest and say that I have never battered an eye lid about them until the guy in the shop let us fire his own down the range that they have and I was massively impressed ! I live in Northern Ireland so obviously postage is going to cost me at least £20 a pop to send it one way (if not more) but I really do have the gimmies !
          I think I will check out the section that you were saying about that people have already a conversation going on.
          I was told that this new hop unit is the dogs balls compared to the original unit that is installed as it allows you to adjust it through the window.
          I obviously know NOTHING about them but is the likes of a PTW not silly money compared to these ?
          They are doing these new tier packages (see below)
          I assume that I am ok posting this picture as it does not say any other retailers names or info ?

Tiers-page-001.jpg

Comment

That tear 1 looks f**kin awesome!!!!!
            sigpic

Comment

I had the money to go and buy a CTW MX3 brand new with a few mags.....when I got to the retailer I decided to give the DTW a try.......an hour later I had bought the M4a1 with a nice DD RIS, a few mags and a new battery.....and I still had a few hundred pound left over. So a week later I went back and bought the CQB version....a couple more mags, a 7' DD RIS and some other bits....and still had a bit of change from my original budget.

Yes the plastic hand guard and pistol grip look and feel cheap, that's why I changed them; but I would have done that with a CTW or PTW. The body doesn't look great so I painted the CQB, and in time I will change the M4a1 body, but I quite like the black body at the moment.

For the attention of people thinking of buying the DTW, the M4a1 required a new hop rubber and bolt catch at purchase, but the CQB has been spot on and not needed anything!!
              DTW in a CTW body with systema barrel and hop for sale....open to offers for quick sale!! ***may be interested in a swap for PCP air rifle***

Comment

Jumping in here, how about batteries? I'm still using ni-cads and am unsure about what type and size are needed for a days skirmish? Considering CTW/DTW and TM SCAR H at the moment

Comment

Can't advise on ni-cads mate as I've used lipo for the past few years, I am using 11.1 2200mah, I always swap out at lunch time just as habit but more than happy one would last the day for the lighter trigger finger.
                  DTW in a CTW body with systema barrel and hop for sale....open to offers for quick sale!! ***may be interested in a swap for PCP air rifle***

Comment

Are they "special" mags and batteries ? I was told not to use any higher than 20c ?

Comment

Ni cds are older tech than Nimh aren't they?!

Comment

They are indeed. Without cycling them they lose memory capacity. So topping them up instead of cycling them is a big nono

Comment

Yes, got confused with my old RC cars battery should have been Nimh

Comment

This is just my opinion as a DTW owner. For a TW today you have two options, a DTW or a PTW.

Both are very good options and represent their price in terms of build quality, finish. But from a performance perspective, I believe, there's very little in it.

Comment

Are they "special" mags and batteries ? I was told not to use any higher than 20c ?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Auto Freak Find out more about Auto Freak
                              Working...
                              X