Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Airsoft M4 RIS rail problem..NEED HELP !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374768989.755930.jpg this is my rail

Comment

Re: Airsoft M4 RIS rail problem..NEED HELP !

I had a SRC as my first gun too and it had the 2 part 'extending' outer barrel so I would check yours as it may have it as well.

If it has then you can extended the barrel to accommodate for the RIS.
      sigpic

Comment

LT303 did you have same airsoft rifle as me or just the same SRC brand ? Also to check for an extending barrel,with the hand guard off,I have to look at the start of the barrel I,e where it goes through the delta ring ? Slightly confused.

Comment

Looks like the same one and it was a little grub screw on the bottom of the part that goes through the delta ring.
          sigpic

Comment

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374774292.666435.jpg is this the screw you are talking about ?

Comment

Got it guys.quick question.extending the barrel slightly,will it affect the shooting or accuracy of the rifle at all,may sound like a stupid question

Comment

That's the one and it shouldn't affect it mate, do some tests but I would say that it should shoot just fine.
                sigpic

Comment

Hi BritishArmyGrunt glad you found your way here :-)

It was me who sold him the RIS and after trying to help him with his problems (not knowing he has a "JustBBGuns" M4) pointed the way here for more expert advice.
                  The RIS DOES actually fit OVER the front Sight Cap and not inside it like the standard Grips, unusual I know but it does lock everything up nice and tight. I've attached a close up of my G&G with it fitted before I took it off, not sure how much detail you can zoom in to.
                  Adjusting the Outer is a good shout never considered that, tbh never had the need to on G&G etc and didn't realise there was so much difference in tolerances between Makers :-(

Anyway as some of the Guys have said best not change it over until you are all legal :-)

Comment

No worries buddy,can't thank you for your advice and pointing me here already removed the RIS Rail and switched back to two tone parts just wanted to make sure it fitted properly. But yeah fits perfectly once my retarded brain clicked on haha but thank guys for all that posted on this forum for advice,really appreciate it

Comment

Originally posted by Johnno View Post
                      The RIS DOES actually fit OVER the front Sight Cap and not inside it like the standard Grips, unusual I know but it does lock everything up nice and tight. I've attached a close up of my G&G with it fitted before I took it off, not sure how much detail you can zoom in to.
                      Weird - I have never seen one that fits like that before! Your attachment doesn't work for me - mind me asking who the RIS is made by/what it's called so I can look it up?

Comment

Sorry can't remember the name but it was a Far East import about 2 years ago via FleaBay. Quite good quality for a non free floater and a decent fit on my G & G.
                        Although you can't see it on my Photo because of the Rail Covers the ventilation holes are eliptical shaped rather than round.

- - - Updated - - -

Found what I think is very similar but "Real Steel" version..I'll PM source so Mods don't get annoyed LOL

rail.jpg

Comment

From Johnno's PM, the manufacturer's AIM Sports. I'm pretty sure that's the same AIM Sports that make the knock-off SureFire E1B torch for the KRISS Vector; looks like they're an airsoft accessories maker that also sell to RS shooters which bodes well for its build quality. It does indeed clamp over the handguard cap - my guess is so that the extrusion uses less metal and machine time than it would otherwise, and thus costs less money. Interesting!

Comment

It has some good solid reviews on the Site but does say it's a bugger to fit LOL.
                            Would have kept it but moved to a Noveske Free Floater which was also a pain to mod for front wired G & G.

Comment

Lads,quick question,in regards to the wiring in the pistol grip I.e the black and red wire that connects to the motor.is it easy to replace the metal connectors I.e the pieces that connect to the motor at the end of the red and black wires as I believe I have just broken one of them.fuck sake haha

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BritishArmyGrunt Current serving Armed Forces member,decided to take up airsofting as a hobby outside the forces Find out more about BritishArmyGrunt
                              Working...
                              X