Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Have I lost my mind. Airsoft no longer actually about playing games.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Have I lost my mind. Airsoft no longer actually about playing games.

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post
    Someone should be able to find a long corridor to set up a decent firing range, though.
    your joking right? you are referring to "The Range"
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Somewhere a bit longer than that; the range is 8.5m (a bit under 30') and obviously (being enclosed) doesn't suffer from crosswinds, which is perfect for pistol shooting. Sadly, it's much too short if you're trying to dial in the hop-up of most rifles. The office I did some IT work in a few weeks ago had corridors more than 300' long! Admittedly you'd need a CCTV camera or a powerful scope to see whether you'd hit what you were aiming at, but it would be the last word in 'my rifle is better than yours'...

Comment

thats why i thought you was joking coz the range isnt all that.....they should have called it "the short range" anyway just read that thread about real wood guns.....man that made me laugh...well done
        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I skirmish about four times a year and have one rifle and one pistol that are both cheap and basic... I am obsessed with collecting kit! I am mad for plate carriers and rigs... I think I am a mollaholic. I even have the magpul MOLLE speed weaver which is epic and the best thing they have ever made.

Your not alone, not unique and just another shade of collector like me and loads of other guys

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Newbie post alert!

Reading this thread about chairsoft, I thought you had to be an active member of an airsoft skirmishing club to own airsoft (that's not painted orange)?

What's the actual requirement to buy/own airsoft according to the VCR act?

Cheers.

Comment

Oh no!

A VCRA war in going to irrupt!
              sigpic

Comment

Suggest that we keep this topic specific. There are loads of threads about your query Richard.
                sigpic

Comment

The long and the short of it is that you need a valid defence and UKARA is basically a certified one. There are others. There are millions of threads about it, and millions of threads that have nothing to do with it that have decended into hijacks about it...

As Lt3033 and sonicninja have suggested, we should probably stop doing that so have a little look

Comment

Originally posted by sonicninja View Post
                    Suggest that we keep this topic specific. There are loads of threads about your query Richard.
                    roger wilco!

Comment

People that just stand around doing jack other than give their guns handy-J's... Shoot 'em. I remember gathering some 'runners' to sprint full-pelt into enemy fire with me at one skirmish. It was guaranteed to work, and I made it quite far. When I was hit, I turned around to walk back and saw 90% of them hiding behind the first bit of cover...
                      Originally posted by mr lean 81 View Post
                      Each to their own... I'd prefer it if folks more into the gear than the game stayed at home in their chairs. Nothing more frustrating than having a team full of blokes who look uber gucci but don't want to run about incase their kit gets dirty or sweaty.
                      sigpic
                      "I are God, lol."

Comment

Originally posted by WillGreen View Post
                        People that just stand around doing jack other than give their guns handy-J's... Shoot 'em. I remember gathering some 'runners' to sprint full-pelt into enemy fire with me at one skirmish. It was guaranteed to work, and I made it quite far. When I was hit, I turned around to walk back and saw 90% of them hiding behind the first bit of cover...
                        You're going to be my runner on Saturday if your gun isn't fixed by then!
                        “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
                          this is how i ended up with a large collection of guns
                          And you are the reason i find myself with more guns than your average third world country Rich.
                          Mind you it could be worse, could be golf. (yeurg, shudders).

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post
                            You're going to be my runner on Saturday if your gun isn't fixed by then!
                            The pleasure will be mine. Even if I'm rocking the full BW loadout with flak vest and PASGT.
                            sigpic
                            "I are God, lol."

Comment

Originally posted by Danny_boy85 View Post
                              I have been to a few sites and the local ones are either crappy woodland (which i hate with a passion) or run but complete F**k nuts.

What im saying is, i have lost the will to skirmish as its all 2 hour drives away and even then i sometimes have crap days (last time i went to the mall it was awful!). So now i have just sat there upgrading and building stuff for myself and others.... But i still look at buying new stuff and always end up writing of a Private Message and then realise i cant afford it or dont need it, and then i get upset, and then cry a little and die inside.... becasue i cant have around 35 pistols...
                              I nearly stopped airsofting as the local site was run by one of those, he used to change the rules for his side without updating the other side and never chrono'd any of his or his regulars stuff (we once nabbed his shotgun whilst he wasnt looking and it chrono's at between 495 & 525).

Thanks to my change in responsibilities, my shift pattern has reduced my ability to play & when i do get the chance, i rotate the sites (from aberdeen to south of edinburgh). Great idea at the time, but now the UKARA refresh is coming closer, i find i may have trouble renewing.

Makes me wonder how the chairsofters do it, or do you have a summer refresh month lol?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sonicninja Find out more about sonicninja
                              Working...
                              X