Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buyer not happy

Hey

Ive basically sold this http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ken-AGM-SCAR-L on the classifieds. NOW ive stated that its not working broken etc etc for £30

Ive been messaged by the buyer having a go as ive sold him an aeg that was said to have a fully working gearbox. Not at any time did i mention it was working.

Im dont know why hes so angry!

Unsure of what i do now?
    Pathfinders. NI

sigpic

Re: Buyer not happy

You tell him it says non working in the thread. Don't offer him a refund, he has no basis for his complaints, and it's his fault that he's misread it. If he decides to start a PayPal claim, PayPal will side with you as not only does it say as such in the thread, but they don't cover the sale if RIFs anyway!

EDIT: Just read it again. You DO say that it had a complete gearbox and that it could be used for parts, and that is certainly open for misinterpretation. Bit of a loophole in your favour really!

Comment

Buyers mistake is reading "full gearbox" as meaning fully working.

I'd not overstress, he's going no-where with it. Just keep it polite and hold your ground. If he wants a refund its not including postage costs and only after he's sent it back. At £35 its a good deal for spares. Someone else will snap it up. Shame about the hassle.

Comment

On my part i should have said the aeg has all the parts as this is what i meant by full gearbox etc etc but still broken as stated in bold a few times. It was sold for £30 inc postage in the end. Ive always done my best with keeping sales honest as to what the seller is getting!
        Pathfinders. NI

sigpic

Comment

You say it has a full gearbox (not necessarily a working one) and you say it is non-working.

Buyer should have read all of that when he bought it, or asked specifically about whether the gearbox was working. If he didn't ask whether the gearbox was in a working condition, or complete, then he bought a non working gun that had a complete gearbox but not a working gun, so problems with the GB cannot be ruled out.

In other words, your in the right here.
          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Thanks all for the advice!
            Pathfinders. NI

sigpic

Comment

For what it's worth I'd say seller is right, although "full gearbox" makes it not quite clear cut, but none the less it's £30 inc postage and it clearly states the gun is not working.

Only grounds the buyer would have to stand on, imo, is if the gear box was missing it's parts, eg no piston.
              “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

Postage cost me £15 quid too.
                Pathfinders. NI

sigpic

Comment

Lets be honest here... You buy a gun for £30 then you shouldn't be expecting anything top level or working. First things I noticed were:

Condition: Not working
                  And I also noticed:

Again this is a BROKEN AEG!
                  Tough titties if the buyer is complaining. If he is incapable of reading threads fully then it's his own problem. I personally do not refund people if they buy something incorrectly (IE they don't like it). As long as you didn't lie about it in the description then any disputes opened with PayPal will be decided in your favour.

Comment

TBH I would have bought it for that price.

Comment

Yeah me too. Dammit!

Comment

A full gearbox could be full of anything. From now on if I buy something that says full gearbox and it is not full of jelly beans then I will go nuts!
                        King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                        www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Tell him I will give him £10 posted for the magnifier.
                          That way he can get some of his money back.

Si

Comment

hahaha, but seriously, have you seen the price of some of these "gourmet" jelly beans lately? £35 for a gearbox full is a pretty good price.

Comment

My point exactly, just over £20 per kilo; http://www.jellybelly-uk.com/one-kilo-bags
                              King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                              www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

samus3366 Find out more about samus3366
                              Working...
                              X