Buyer not happy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Buyer not happy

For new goods not secondhand goods . If you read up on the distance selling laws .

Comment

Let him have a refund. He pays the postage though.
      Youve plenty of buyers in this thread
      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by Stealthkiller View Post
        For new goods not secondhand goods . If you read up on the distance selling laws .
        Can you show me where? I've found plenty of things that say distance selling applies to second hand, and nothing that say's it doesn't. If I'm wrong, then the more the better, because the DSR are unfair on sellers.

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
        Let him have a refund. He pays the postage though.
        Youve plenty of buyers in this thread
        I agree with the sentiment of having the buyer pay for the returns, but it's worth pointing out that according to the DSR (if those are the grounds he is getting a refund at least) then the buyer has no obligation to pay postage for returns unless this was established in the pre-sale agreement and the seller even has to refund the original postage cost. Since private sales rarely have their own 'terms and conditions' document attached then generally that wont be the case. I haven't read into who has to pay postage if the seller concedes that a piece is faulty. I'm fairly sure it's gonna be the seller though because it seems more fair.

Comment

FOR SALE: AGM SCAR (not working) with full gearbox.... £50ono

h e y d r i c h
          L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

Am I covered by the regulations?

The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations are unlikely to apply if you buy from a trader who only takes occasional orders by distance sale.They only apply where a trader routinely does business through distance selling. This can be shown where the trader has standard procedures to process orders, has standard contracts for distance sales and sends out standard correspondence.

The way I see it is that the DSR doesn't cover "Occasional" sales. As the op would be classified as an occasional seller, I wouldn't imagine he'd have to provide a refund.
            There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

DSR also doesn't cover buyers not reading the description.
              The seller is also not a retailer and is fully within his right to refuse all and everything as it was as per the description. The buyer screwed up, end of.
              No comeback no matter what regulations you google.
              section 24 of the 1968 Act
              Supplying imitation firearms to minors
              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
                Am I covered by the regulations?

The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations are unlikely to apply if you buy from a trader who only takes occasional orders by distance sale.They only apply where a trader routinely does business through distance selling. This can be shown where the trader has standard procedures to process orders, has standard contracts for distance sales and sends out standard correspondence.

The way I see it is that the DSR doesn't cover "Occasional" sales. As the op would be classified as an occasional seller, I wouldn't imagine he'd have to provide a refund.
                Thank you for that. It does sound like an individual making a one-off sale is going to be exempt from the distance sellers regulations unless they really do a vast amount of selling regularly. Now I can happily join the chorus of "ignore the seller, he's either made a mistake or having you on".

DSR also doesn't cover buyers not reading the description.
                The seller is also not a retailer and is fully within his right to refuse all and everything as it was as per the description. The buyer screwed up, end of.
                No comeback no matter what regulations you google.
                I'm afraid the DSR does technically cover the buyer not reading the description. That said, I am happy to admit that I was wrong in thinking the DSR applied to this sale though. Don't get arsey at me just because I use google and tried to add something more substantial than my opinion when someone asked for help. To the OP: I appologise if my comments left you feeling concerned, I was only only trying to help.
                Last edited by MajorLandmark; 12 August, 2013, 20:51.

Comment

I love the google lawyers ! I have google I am therefor qualified in law .. Aaaaarghhh

Comment

A shop doesn't have to refund or exchange if you don't read the description properly and buy the wrong item.
                    section 24 of the 1968 Act
                    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Yes they do if its online . Unless it is a special order / custom prepared item .
                      Some won't offer a cash refund though . They will issue a credit note to buy another product off them . Another one open to abuse by retailers ?

Comment

Hi. Just so you know I was happy with it and still am. I just asked if it was ment to have a full gearbox as 1 of the cog was snapped and the other one had the teeth ripped off. The piston was cracked all the way down the side and the shell has the pin that holds the trigger mechanism in missing. I'm not a school boy im 27 married and have 2 kids so before you go running your mouth off get it right. I only sent 1 message after I got the scar asking him about it and he said that it was in a non working order so I left it at that and didn't message him again. I don't know what the problem is. The way I see it if you don't know the best thing to do is ask. I also asked in a pm about the gearbox as I needed it for my m4 and it was made out to be in good condition but again he didn't state that it was fully working however this is not what I call good condition but I knew it was a bit of a risk thats why I didn't ask for a refund or to return it or even send more than 1 message to him.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Hunter1 View Post
                          I'm not a school boy im 27 married and have 2 kids so before you go running your mouth off get it right.
                          It's the Internet, we're all 7 foot 2 body builders (2% body fat come at me) with 17 wives and 69 camels along with a business empire that spans the entire width of Myanmar.

We also lift.

Comment

Dammit. There goes my inquiring as to whether you even lift redhawk.
                            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by RedHawk View Post
                              It's the Internet, we're all 7 foot 2 body builders (2% body fat come at me) with 17 wives and 69 camels along with a business empire that spans the entire width of Myanmar.

We also lift.
                              I feel inconsequential now as I only have 16 wives and 68 camels and I only have 3% body fat !
                              Always someone better than you on here .. Poseurs I hate them !!!

Comment

What ya need to do is get the Scar back, coat it in glue. cover it in a mixture of Sand, Broken Glass and Smarties and ram it up his bum! That'll shut him up....

Remember the smarties, when he tries to tell the police that you ramed a RIF covered in sand,glass and smarties up his bum they probs laugh!!

Mb
                                If god was an AEG, i have owned him at some point....

MB

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

samus3366 Find out more about samus3366
                                Working...
                                X