Flares at Night Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Flares at Night Games

ummm if its for an organised event/ milsim/film sim ect, why not use over the counter fireworks?

if they are to be set off at a certain point in the game progression or specified objective, timed event a banger with bright sparkles ect or those ones that pop up Xft in air but dont bang. some are white some are colours. dono if you could rig up a electric match on them for safety or something if H&S needs it.
    could even give you an excuse to use those remote det pyro devices.

but for OP on emergency flares rather not invoke the wrath of police/rescue/FCC/military or crazy people.... heck i'm sure you have seen airsoft smokes and pyros self det in peoples pockets, pouches and bags on youtube? rather not have fiery metal death burn through me.

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

I've been to a couple of airsoft events that have been halted temporarily because somebody popped a flare...

Flares are a n emergency device and not to be used in trivial situations. Don't be a dick.

Comment

when i was younger a mate let off a hand held flare, result was third degree burns to the hand and arm and second degree burns to his chest and face as his jacket and hair caught light and fire brigade had to come out to put out the resultant fire caused by it, he is now scar'd for life prob mentally and physically.
        I wouldnt be happy to play on a site were regular players have access to quite a potent hazard like launchable or hand held flares. if a site marshal who is fully trained in there use were to use them at set times or something cues its use then fair enough but i dont think a big molten stick of burning lithium is a wise thing to use at all.

Comment

Yeah some twat popped a red flare at copehill last year the Landmarc guy came propper pissed off, literally after Ed calmed him down someone popped another one off lol, had to bite my fist not to laugh.

Comment

to be honest if you need light at a game, you can get some ridulously powerful flashlights and hand held lights powerful enough to bring down aircraft! safe, fire hazard free and no health and saftey bull to put up with

Comment

I literally had no idea that lighting a flare on a sinking boat might actually put me in more danger than I was already.

Comment

Skin is waterproof not flameproof. Go figure.

Flares are not toys and HAVE NO PLACE IN AN AIRSOFT GAME.
                Originally posted by tackle
                For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

No shit!

Comment

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post
                    I literally had no idea that lighting a flare on a sinking boat might actually put me in more danger than I was already.
                    Well, you live and learn son. From this point on, flares= dangerous. Bell bottom= questionable. Drainpipes= probably ok if worn with a nice wing tip.
                    There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Puresilver - I'd probably sling handheld ones over the side after about ten seconds burn - at least them you'd know how deep the water was!

Sent from outer space
                      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Nickona Find out more about Nickona
                      Working...
                      X